HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USP .40 Full Size, and I am looking for a good duty holster.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Safariland 6280 (duty holster) and 6004 (tactical thigh-holster) with both with SLS Sentry making it a Level-III retention holster.

I wouldn't consider anything else really.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I carry a USP 40 full size w/ Surefire X200 attached. It rides in a Safariland 6280-1930 while I'm defending the streets....:95:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Those look pretty interesting...

Are they pretty durable? Any issues with drawing your weapon quickly?
Durability is not something you worry about with Blackhawk. I've used a variety of their products in some pretty nasty settings for both military and police duty, and never worried about breaking them.

As far as speed of draw goes, that's something that depends on you. A good rule of thumb is not to carry any holster on duty until you've practiced enough with it to be able to present the weapon and fire 2 well-placed shots at 7 yds in 2 seconds or less.

That said, the SERPA system is pretty natural and intuitive to use. I'm partial to Safariland myself, just like my brother from Joburg, but that's just me.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The ergonomics of the SERPA CQC holster makes it very simple and easy to use. Theres no fumbling with the gun as is a worry with locking holsters. A couple of draws with it and your a pro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts