HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an early 93 in good condition but I am still confused as to how early it is. Yes I looked at the how to id info on here but I may be to confused or just dumb cuz I haven't figured it out yet? The magazine that came with seems to be a 1978. But I have yet to determine the year the gun was made/imported.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition--- a serial number would answer your question!!! :wink:

Tony
Thanks! I was hopeing some one could help. I have been searching for the answer but being a bit techno chalanged I haven't found any thing that helps yet. The serial number is A122800

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HK = 1979--- the "HK" on the left receiver is actually the date code!!! :wink:
Is your lower "SF" or "0-1"? :biggrin:

Tony
OK Thanks I guess that because it is a HK the HK93 before the serial number threw me off. It is a SF which I understand is one of the things that makes it an earlier model.

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
OK Thanks I guess that because it is a HK the HK93 before the serial number threw me off. It is a SF which I understand is one of the things that makes it an earlier model.
Quite welcome--- the smaller, standalone "HK" at the bottom of the left receiver is the date code--- some 1979's have the "0-1" lowers, as well--- "0-1" lowers on the HK93's began sporadically in 1977!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quite welcome--- the smaller, standalone "HK" at the bottom of the left receiver is the date code--- some 1979's have the "0-1" lowers, as well--- "0-1" lowers on the HK93's began sporadically in 1977!!! :biggrin:

Tony
Well Duuh on me makes much more sense when I know how to look at it. I understand better why there are so many questions about how to id the HKs. Last question? Because it is an earlier model is the value a little higher than the later model 93s?

I got a pretty good deal. I picked up the 93 and a Remington model 700 in 300 Win mag package deal for less than what I understand is the basic price for the 93.

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
Well Duuh on me makes much more sense when I know how to look at it. I understand better why there are so many questions about how to id the HKs. Last question? Because it is an earlier model is the value a little higher than the later model 93s?

I got a pretty good deal. I picked up the 93 and a Remington model 700 in 300 Win mag package deal for less than what I understand is the basic price for the 93.
No real difference in value between an early and later HK93!!! :biggrin:

Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts