HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wanting to get a USP for quite some time now. I recently found a USPf V1 dated 2000 production thats in good condition.

Is there a timeline of changes that have been made to the USPf?

Are there any must do/have mods for a USPf?

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
1st question. No

2nd Question, No, only if you want to. Such as extended mags. A Light or a Laser sight. Night Sites.

That's about all I can think of. What caliber are you wanting? TJ

·
Registered
279 Posts
USPs come pretty much really to roll ... obviously lasers, lights and/or suppressors are an aftermarket option but you really have to ask yourself ... do you really need them ???

standard they have it all IMO..... (except a safety for left hand users like myself but i admit its cos im just awkard :p:p ) ! well the pistol grip is a bit rough if your on the range all day so maybe a hogue grip .... but thats all ive put on mine !

whatever the outcome ... you got to get it ... ull love it .. !!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Definately get a USP!!!

I have 2 fullsize USPs, a 9mm and a 45 ACP. Love them both, can't decide
which I like best. No malfunctions in over 2000rds each. Both still look
brand new internally. No wear anywhere.

My opinion, HK makes the finest polymer framed handguns available today. Some might disagree, but they would be wrong. Completely wrong.

Forget the rest, buy the best.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My FFL finally received the gun in on Monday, unfortunately I won't be able to pick up till Monday of next week.

I'll post pictures as soon as I pick it up =)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Here are the major changes since the USP first came out in 93. None of them IMO are of any significance and a 93 IMO is as good as an 07.
USP
1993 Original USP9 and .40

1994 Reduced the slide weight by 1.1 oz.
Reason: improve reliability with training rounds and make gun easier to carry.

1994-95 Change to a polygonal barrel
Reason: Glock

1994-95 Change trigger transfer bar
Reason: Improve reliability in cold weather and dirty environments

1994-95 Change recoil guide rod to a "captured spring version"
Reason: Glock

1995 Change trigger mechanism. Changed one piece catch to two piece catch (must have two-piece catch to do LEM conversion).
Reason: Improve drop protection, reduce manufacturing costs, eliminate hammer over travel

1995-96 Add rubber spur to hammer
Reason: Required to pass some institution's drop test.
?? on date-change size of magazine release to current smaller button.
Reason: to prevent inadvertent mag releases?

1995-96 Change angle on slide lock
Reason: customers don't want slide to close automatically when a mag is inserted

2000 Add locking feature to hammer strut support:
Reason: attempt to pacify safety Nazis

2001 Converted captive recoil spring retainer from c-clip to
Machined end on Compacts.
Reason? C-clip prone to breakage on the Compacts.

There are other even more insignificant changes such as lettering on slide and grip that have occurred over the last few years and the addition of the JS logo on the slide but these mean nothing in regards to the gun's functioning.

·
Registered
887 Posts
So buy it already. You know you want to... just do it. Be advised that you'll never own just one. It's a rather insidious disease. It starts with a single USP and grows into two, or three more, then a P7, then a P30. It's never really over until the wife leaves with the kids mumbling something about you'd like her better if she came with stippled grips, a 15 round mag and a polygonal barrel. Problem is she's right. ;-)

·
Registered
27 Posts
the great thing about buying usp's is unless the wife knows her weapons they all look alike and say hk. its easy to bring more in without the ''now what did you buy''.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread a little bit but I was curious what forum members' preference would be between the full size and the compact?

So how about it. If you were to only own one USP would it be a full size or a compact?

Thanks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread a little bit but I was curious what forum members' preference would be between the full size and the compact?

So how about it. If you were to only own one USP would it be a full size or a compact?

Thanks.
It would really depend on my intentions for the gun. Since most of my HK time is range shooting, I would probably opt for the fullsize.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so I called cdnn and was asking about general USP stuff, when they mention they were out of stock of USPf in 9mm.

the person on the other line then mentioned that the p30 is replacing the USP, how do you guys feel about that?

·
Registered
285 Posts
so I called cdnn and was asking about general USP stuff, when they mention they were out of stock of USPf in 9mm.

the person on the other line then mentioned that the p30 is replacing the USP, how do you guys feel about that?
I would say he is misinformed. ;)

ETA: When I want the latest information on HK stuff, I go here. When I find out what I want to buy, then I talk to the gunshops. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts