HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
i already did and he said he would get back with me. what would be a fair price to offer him, the date on these is 1992?

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already did and he said he would get back with me. what would be a fair price to offer him, the date on these is 1992?
Now that's a good question. I paid over $10 per flare when I was buying them through a contact in Germany about five years ago. I was happy to get them for about $60 per pack of five delivered. I think at that price, people would snap them up today. If I were selling them, I doubt I would take less than $100 per pack. I'd probably ask $120. Maybe that's high because none of mine are for sale?

As I mentioned, I bought them for collector purposes, not to use for life saving. The expiration means nothing to me. They only have a 3 year shelf life anyway. I'd be willing to bet that all of my flares will function, all 70 or 80 of them, despite the fact that some of them are nearing 20 years old.

·
2,831 Posts
brings up the question......what is the real purpose of the EFL?

it has very little range/altitude like a 12g, 25 or 26.5mm etc. Is it more a signaling device for close range use? are they meant for a survival kit/vest for pilots because of its size? or what?

were they ever issued like the 26.5mm flare guns?

I know its not something I would use on my boat, car or in the woods......but have a new one, mags, flares in the safe of course :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are used by special operations forces and are an effective tool when marking friendly location during close air support.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Awwwww.. Damn eBay..

This listing (120168245103) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

Hope someone got his contact info if they wanted them ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts