HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an Elite .45 and im not to found of the black rear site. Any info on what can be done to enhance or replace the sites? One idea i have is to mill (on a cnc) an outline and fill it with white paint? Or should i just invest in a Laser/Tac light? Im really liking the lasers from Laser Devices? Any info on this would help out a new HK member. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Some people take laquer paint pens, or small paint applicators, and paint contrasting colors onto the sights. Such as a white rear blade with a red front blade. This kind of gives you a good contrast to the sights.

I too, am not fond of the black/black sights, i like the standard 3-dot sights!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I happen to have no problem with the black/black. However like F22 said above me I see no reason why you can't take a paint marker to one the sights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:95: I replaced my sights on my USP40 Expert with Meprolight, It works great.

Here is a link to all there sights, the one I got is ML-21516 USP ADJUST just have your gun shop order them. But when they put them on, they need to be careful with the spring under the rear sight. The sights are the same just they are a Tritium Night Sights, which work great for the real world..... & Adjustable

http://www.meprolight.com/products.asp?id=1

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im confused, i thought the expert's sights couldnt be replaced? i want to put night sights on mine if i get one...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Of course they can be replaced ;)

you just need to get a specific rear and front sight, to keep the same height level. I think the rear sight is a normal USP Tac sight, but since there is a milled/recessed area on the USP expert's slide, the front sight has to be shorter than a normal target sight front blade.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes

You can put in Mepro night sights, I did.

No, they are not the same as the tactical's. The sights are specific to the Elite/Expert. Actually, it is easiest to search for them for the USP Expert.....as those are the ones that fit the Elite.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes

You have several options. You can get them directly from HK, you can get them from Milsecpro here (just send him a pm), you can google them (takes a while to find the right one), you can go to your local shop (better be very careful to tell them what you need. My local shop kept trying to sell me the wrong ones.), or you can go to an HK armorer.

The easiest way is to use Milsecpro or HK (they are more familiar w/HK products and this will insure you get the right sights). The other options will work as long as you confirm what they are trying to sell you. The rear of your slide has a recessed area that is the same as the Experts. This night sight is adjustable and I think (be sure to confirm this) the part number is ML-21516.

If you use Milsecpro or HK, you can ship them your slide and they will install the sights for you. You always have the option of self-installing them or taking them to a shop to have it done for you.

I hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dead thread I know, but I just noticed it. Meprolight manufactures the sights for the EXPERT and ELITE, and a few other of HK's pistols. Only difference is that you don't get one marked HK, and spend $20-$40 less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts