HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Priest of the P7
4,790 Posts
Sad face. Goodbye B&T 3 lug barrel? Goodbye HK45 20 round mag extensions?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
What's the trial about?
Let's see...

Selling firearms without an FFL
Selling firearms without an FFL after getting busted selling firearms without an FFL and agreeing to not sell firearms PERIOD.
Exporting firearms without a license to do so
Tax evasion for the years 2007 through 2010

His brother and sister-in-law (or maybe it is sister and BIL) took over the day-to-day in 2012 or '13. This will have no impact on HKParts.net.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Let's see...

Selling firearms without an FFL
Selling firearms without an FFL after getting busted selling firearms without an FFL and agreeing to not sell firearms PERIOD.
Exporting firearms without a license to do so
Tax evasion for the years 2007 through 2010

His brother and sister-in-law (or maybe it is sister and BIL) took over the day-to-day in 2012 or '13. This will have no impact on HKParts.net.
Feds can tag ANYBODY with tax evasion, especially if you own your own business. It real easy for the feds to decide that you didn't use the right formula to calculate depreciation on your unsold inventory, and nail you just because the IRS guy needed to score points and get a promotion.
As far as the rest of it.....I have enough G3 and AK and other flats lying around that somebody might accuse me of being an unlicensed mfg.
Am I?. No. I just like building G3's an AK's. Its fun.
Maybe Adam just likes P7s and hoarding.....

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Feds can tag ANYBODY with tax evasion, especially if you own your own business. It real easy for the feds to decide that you didn't use the right formula to calculate depreciation on your unsold inventory, and nail you just because the IRS guy needed to score points and get a promotion.
As far as the rest of it.....I have enough G3 and AK and other flats lying around that somebody might accuse me of being an unlicensed mfg.
Am I?. No. I just like building G3's an AK's. Its fun.
Maybe Adam just likes P7s and hoarding.....
HAHAHA!! :biggrin: if it wasn't for that last comment I'd say "perhaps you should do some research on the case" but with that comment about the P7s, I know that you know exactly what you're talking about. :wink:

What I listed is what is in the Complaint. No more, no less.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I personally hope he comes out of this ok, and even if found not guilty, his legal expenses will cause those B&T PDW barrels to be priced at $1k each (that was a joke, really just $895). I don't know if I would have made the same business decisions he did, especially after getting ATF's attention previously, but going up against both the ATF and IRS can't be a recipe for a good outcome. I've known too many people in the gun business who have ended up on the wrong side of the law, and I don't want Adam to join that list.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Crossing the line on the law or not, what is for sure is we have a Federal government that is increasingly writing its own rules and at the expense of basic freedoms. Worst part about it: Most people don't know it, don't see it, frankly don't give a damn so long as their is something in it for them. From freedom to servitude we slowly go. I wish Adam the very best.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
We all wish Adam the best, yes. But a political tangent in the thread will go nowhere, folks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dude, paranoid much??
I'm sure the IRS just made **** up and then the courts were like, yea, that's cool, let's spend a bunch of time and effort and taxpayer money to prosecute some dude on BS charges that won't hold up under scrutiny. We are gonna do that just because we can and because this guy is a firearms seller, we are totally gonna get away with it regardless of the law.
What are you thinking? This isn't Russia. You need a case to go to court and you need evidence to build a case. I absolutely agree with whoever above that said he's innocent until proven guilty. But give up the right wing conspiracy BS that the "liberal controlled government is going to nail us even if we did nothing wrong" Take that crap to ARFCOM. This is a PROfessional's forum.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Dude, paranoid much??
I'm sure the IRS just made **** up and then the courts were like, yea, that's cool, let's spend a bunch of time and effort and taxpayer money to prosecute some dude on BS charges that won't hold up under scrutiny. We are gonna do that just because we can and because this guy is a firearms seller, we are totally gonna get away with it regardless of the law.
What are you thinking? This isn't Russia. You need a case to go to court and you need evidence to build a case. I absolutely agree with whoever above that said he's innocent until proven guilty. But give up the right wing conspiracy BS that the "liberal controlled government is going to nail us even if we did nothing wrong" Take that crap to ARFCOM. This is a PROfessional's forum.
Pump the brakes there mister 'just got my account two days ago' you're the one with the unprofessional tone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
what i have gotten so far is "if you complain about the gubberment" your not a professional but if you go along with whatever the gubberment wants to do to you" then your a professional". i will just be spineless and say i hope adam the best - at the expense of that being considered a bias for adam and not the gubberment, lol.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I'm not sure it's paranoia. The IRS has been known to jam up business owners for years for legitimately making frequent cash deposits.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I wish him the best of luck in the matter. Does not look good, but O.J. did walk free... for a bit.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
The article says that his former lawyer was being called for testimony. Lawyers have a confidentiality agreement, so how could he testify without opening a can of worms for both himself and his client? Unless he solely speaks as to the civil record in which case, why not just present the previous court documents and leave the snake out of it? Odd.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Innocent until proven guilty.
No such thing in America anymore. Sadly they teach us that, but reality is not. If the Feds come after you, no chance of innocent. Not even to mention recovering financially and personally from a fight as that.

BTW when the IRS decides to audit you are guilty and they dig until they find a mistake or make a mistake. When they make a mistake on purpose or by accident it is costly for you to prove your innocents and you don't get reimbursed.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.