HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did H & K go from engraving to laser etching the HK logo on their slides? The engraved version was much better.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Who knows why they did this...but I agree with you. I liked the engraved Hk more...and I'm sure it is also more durable when it comes to needing a pistol refinished while retaining the markings.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Maybe someone else makes their slides and then they only add their logo when it meets HKs QC?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Laser is cheaper and faster. Plus it allows them to do all the logos at the same time.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Laser is cheaper and faster. Plus it allows them to do all the logos at the same time.
Cheaper and faster by far. Lasers can mark metal at a blinding speed, and there's no cutter to break. And once the fixture is made, will always be the same depth. When a cutter breaks, the marking operation is down until the tool is changed and the depth is reset. Not a problem with a laser marker.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Pssst...those are called 'Roll Marks', not engravings ;)

My Tactical is laser etched H&K logo - not a real fan of laser etching, I prefer roll marks.

·
Registered
887 Posts
And it's not to save you money. It's to make them more profit.
If they're not making a profit, they won't be making our guns. I can't recall ever saving money when buying a weapon. The only way to save the money is to avoid the purchase. Ours is not an inexpensive pastime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts