HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
here's mine, no jet funnel for me though. Shoots great, although my Sig supermatch shoots as nicely as the HK and is quickly becoming my favorite.
Ironchef had a chance to shoot it:

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
I am totally clueless about the Merkel Tuning Weight, first I've seen. Can anyone provide an explanation as to the how's and why's, experience?
Con Mucho Gusto,
Pyro Mike

·
Registered
114 Posts
http://merkle-tuning.de/baseportal/the_site/Products/P_detail&ID=42
Ralf Merkel is a pistolsmith in Germany. He specializes in revolvers mainly S&Ws. He's also quite an accomplished competition shooter. He makes accessories for revolvers and autoloaders. The weight is designed to reduce muzzle flip and allow the shooter to get back on target faster. The main problem with getting his products is US import laws.

·
Registered
851 Posts
http://merkle-tuning.de/baseportal/the_site/Products/P_detail&ID=42
Ralf Merkel is a pistolsmith in Germany. He specializes in revolvers mainly S&Ws. He's also quite an accomplished competition shooter. He makes accessories for revolvers and autoloaders. The weight is designed to reduce muzzle flip and allow the shooter to get back on target faster. The main problem with getting his products is US import laws.
Tasty is on point as usual. Unless you know someone in Germany (privately, not a company) that can pick one up for you and send it to you, it is really tough to get. Any firearm part over the cost of $100US dollars needs to be reported to the ATF or something or other if shipped in from a foreign country. I'm probably a little off on my info, but its generally the reason why the Merkel Tuning Weight isn't readily available to get here.

Having shot Tasty's Expert .45 with the Merkel, I can attest to its excellence. The Expert is already a very accurate gun, but the Tuning Weight matches well with the pistol. Very balanced and as mentioned, quick target reaquisition after each shot.

I'm in for a group buy if anyone can get their hands on these reliably. Can we make it happen?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Must have new toy!!!

That is a great piece! Add me to a Group buy if we get it rolling. I will take 2 for sure.
P. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts