HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, some of you are more well versed on the HK line so here it is. I am looking to buy either a HK USP Tact 9mm or Expert 9mm. I'll just be going to the range with it and maybe carry sometimes. If I get the Tactical I will at some point decide to get a can but that's not a major decision for purchasing. Heck I have the tact .40 for 9 yrs now and have yet to buy a can for it, but it gets shot A LOT.

What are the pros of these two considering what I will be doing with it. Currently I have 3 9mm and I don't enjoy shooting any of them anymore
1. G19 (wife)
2. VP9 (ehhh sometimes)
3. USP Compact 9 (never gets shot lol)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I love the Expert. It is fantastic. So, I bought an SD slide and threaded barrel and tactical recoil spring assembly so I can do both...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Personally, I like the looks of the Expert more than the Tactical. And if a suppressor isn't a driving force for your purchase, I'd go for the Expert. But that's just me.

Ez

·
Registered
443 Posts
My expert has become my go-to range tool. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you got one. You can get 23, sometimes 24 rounds in an extended jet funnel magazine if you like playing with the USPSA guys & gals.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like everyone prefers the expert. Ok thanks for the responses. I guess I have to get my hands on an Expert to see how it feels and fits. I may have a hard time doing that around here lol. Maybe Franklin gun shop.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Expert if you want to carry it and dont want a threaded barrel. I have misgivings about carrying a gun with "Tactical" on the slide. Get the wrong jury or anti gun judge and explain that you were just defending yourself with your CCW that says Tactical down the slide.

In my state people have even gotten in trouble for not using the same JHPs the cops carry cause they try and bend it in court that you were using crazy lethal bullets. As if there is a non lethal bullet. But again you will be defending yourself against people that don't even own guns and think all black guns are machine guns with banana clips!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Expert if you want to carry it and dont want a threaded barrel. I have misgivings about carrying a gun with "Tactical" on the slide. Get the wrong jury or anti gun judge and explain that you were just defending yourself with your CCW that says Tactical down the slide.

In my state people have even gotten in trouble for not using the same JHPs the cops carry cause they try and bend it in court that you were using crazy lethal bullets. As if there is a non lethal bullet. But again you will be defending yourself against people that don't even own guns and think all black guns are machine guns with banana clips!
Lol I hear ya bro.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Expert is pretty big for carry. I would go HK45C even its not small still plenty accurate. But the USPs are hammers and will never be replaced IMHO.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Expert, unless you have deep down desire to get a can some day.
The more I look at the Expert the more I want it. Going to get a quote for order tmwr from my LGS. Sometimes you just have to feed the itch lol. It'll be put to good use since I've got lots of 9mm ammo but shoot mainly 45. My wife doesn't shoot much so I will take care of that 9mm ammo for her lol.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
The important question?
Might you ever consider running a suppressor?
If that answer is Yes? USP Tactical.
No? USP Expert.

As a sidebar, I'll just say it out loud, "Match Clone" -

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The important question?
Might you ever consider running a suppressor?
If that answer is Yes? USP Tactical.
No? USP Expert.

As a sidebar, I'll just say it out loud, "Match Clone" -
Well I guess I should have added that I have 2 other pistols that I'm capable of adding a suppressor to, so it's not that much pressure.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Well I guess I should have added that I have 2 other pistols that I'm capable of adding a suppressor to, so it's not that much pressure.
Then your choice is an easy one.
Plus there's a fresh batch of USP Expert 45s available at a screaming good deal.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would always recommend the Tactical 45 but the Expert is just so dang sexy. No desire for a can, get the Expert.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Both are stellar choices. I don't shoot a can and like the Tactical feature set.
The Expert is on my short list of must haves. Buy BOTH!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I have both in .45acp. Either one is an excellent choice, but the Expert feels more sophisticated. Maybe the right word is refined. If a suppressor is not in the future, definitely go with the Expert.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts