HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the P7's; as I'm sure everyone here does, I am not however very knowledgeable on the subject of them. I see P7M8's and P7M13's and so on, but for someone with zero experience with them, this means nothing.

I figure it couldn't hurt to have a single thread for someone knowledgeable to explain the differences in the types of P7's that are available out there. As I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't a clue, but would like to learn.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You could also try the resource found at HKPRO:
HKPRO's World of HK

Note that the button for The World of HK is right below the HKPRO logo/banner at the top of this page.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
All the p series pistols work the same, the number after the m just refers to the amount of rds the mag holds. Ie p7m13 holds 13 rds. The p7 and P7m8 are virtually the same other than different mag releases and trigger guard. The p7m10 was also made in 40sw, but few were made. They are exceptional pistols and great for concealed carry. There are tons of vids about them on YouTube, as far as how they work and stuff.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
HK P7 series pistols...

P7 (PSP "type")-
"European" heel magazine release, no heat shield, flush fitting bushing requires a takedown tool to remove the FP assembly. Takes P7 magazines (different then M8)-9mm, capacity 8rnds.

P7M8-
"American" style mag. release (located near trigger guard), heat shield, raised bushing for no tools removal of the FP assembly. Takes M8 magazines-9mm, capacity 8rnds.

P7M13- Mag. release located near trigger guard. Heat sheild. 9mm, capacity 13rnds. double stack.

P7M13 SD-
Same as above, only with factory extended and threaded barrel for the addition of a suppressor.

P7M10-
Mag. release located near trigger guard. Heat sheild. .40S&W, capacity 10rnds. double stack.

P7K3- Convertible to 3 calibers, .22LR, .32ACP, and .380ACP. Mag. release located near trigger guard. No heat sheild. Uses an inertia blow-back action with hydraulic buffer, unlike the gas-retarded action of the other P7 series pistols.

P7M7-
.45 ACP, capacity 7rnds. single stack. Mag. release located near trigger guard. No heat sheild. Used a hydraulic buffer unit unlike the gas-retarded action of the other P7 series pistols. *Never made it past prototype*. Only 6 examples exist... HK owns them all.

Also watch this...

[video=google;6239098748148707308]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6239098748148707308[/video]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Streetwolf, the HKP7 is one of my favorite pistols. I like the combination of the safe squeeze-cocker mechanism, fixed-barrel, terrific single-action, which adds to safety and accuracy. Thin profile for CCW. Thumbs up on all of the above info provided by other forum members. I got a lot of info also from the Cult of the P7 - Park Cities Tactical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts