HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Every now and then an HK shows up for private sale here in Mass as we can't buy them new here. The only HK approved is the full size .40 USP and as far as I know, HK has nothing else on the "approved testing for sale here in Mass". We have some of the worst laws in the country which I can't get into right now.

And no, I can't move as I'm house poor in a down economy otherwise...................And let me just say Scott Brown is the only major politician here that gets my vote.

Anyway, I'm going to be watching for an HK to come along and I've had many Sigs over the years and they have all be DA on first pull then SA.

I've bought and sold Glocks a half dozen times and I just couldn't warm up to them or shoot them consistently well. I was ok with the Glock trigger also.

So considering what I'm "used to" is the DA/SA trigger a good one, or what is the LEM trigger?. Of course if I should find one trigger work could be done but I'd rather find the right one.

If someone could explaint all the trigger choices on these, that would be great. Thanks. I also like the idea of the ambi safety.

My home computer has had some problems but is now working. So I can check here on the thread, or you can PM me. My home email is [email protected] if you care to respond there.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
HK's DA/SA is not as good as Sig's, and it takes getting used to. LEM is DAO. Some people would send their guns for trigger work, but try to learn the trigger first, and after 1,000 rds or so and you still don't like it, then send it out.

I'd recommend that, as a noobie, you utilize the Search feature, as these variants have been discussed countless times on this board.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I know I shot an HK at a shooting range YEARS ago. I think it was a full size USP in .40 (I think). I remember it had a very long trigger pull. And that wraps up all my knowledge about HK triggers.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Thanks. I know I shot an HK at a shooting range YEARS ago. I think it was a full size USP in .40 (I think). I remember it had a very long trigger pull. And that wraps up all my knowledge about HK triggers.
I'd say use the search feature or look at HK-usa website. But you mentioned the very long trigger pull, and I get the sense that you don't like that. Just fyi DA/SA and LEM both have the very long trigger pull. One is 10-ish lbs and one is 1-ish lbs... That's the only difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts