HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last issue of Gunlist it said that there will be a U.S. company that has team up with HK to build weapons (handguns and long guns) here under the U.S. company name but they would be built on HK specs and standards.

Has this been talked about before? and will we still get shotdown for a civilian 416/417?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Don't worry, there are a bunch of wild-eyed slobbering HK fanatics here watching what develops with that partnership. If any good news comes of it, I have no doubt it will dominate the posts here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This has been talked about before.

News article from 08-23-07 stated they will be making .45 caliber Heckler & Koch handguns and rifles for U.S. military customers, primarily special forces. The article also stated that the company donated three UMP-45s to the NH State Police. www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070823/NEWS/70823011

So, it's logical to assume that they will be making .45ACP handguns and .45ACP "rifles".

Wilcox Industries has stated before and continues to state that they only make products for the military & law enforcement markets and will never sell to the civilian market.

·
Registered
280 Posts
HK has a joint venture or licensing agreement with WILCOX ( the lightl/laser company with horrible customer service and worthless waranties). They will be manufacturing hand guns and 411/417 for MILITARY AND LE ONLY. This is the same policy WILCOX has now. Doesn't make sense to me either but it has been announced within the last 30 days.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,885 Posts
There have been several press releases regarding this cooperative venture. Many have been inaccurate. Until HK actually makes the press release, I wouldn't take anything as gospel. Matter of fact, it would be prudent to classify it as speculation. I can assure you that da Pro is keeping close tabs on the situation. When/if HK does roll an announcement, I'd venture to say that HKPRO.com Premium members will hear it first!

·
Registered
67 Posts
What straightgrain said! Too many read into press releases or other writings and cipher out what they want to and not neccessarily what is meant. When HK gives it's announcement, I'll listen. until then it's all speculation and hearsay

·
Registered
897 Posts
Maybe we will get lucky and get US made USC's and UMP's. Since if HK is sending over injection molding molds.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Maybe we will get lucky and get US made USC's and UMP's. Since if HK is sending over injection molding molds.
don't hold your breath

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
don't hold your breath
+1

I think HK (in THEIR view) has already taken a big risk with the venture... I think it will be moreso for military/police contracts, than for civilian needs, hence "Wilcox" (if that ends up being true) with the military only track record.

I would not hope for civie, USA made G36's and UMP's yet, or ever TBH... MABEY if HK's venture produces an enormous load of cash (like 200% whatthey expected) MABEY they might start making local UMP's, and MABEY if we're EXTRA lucky, ya might get a semi-auto only version, as an SBR.

The chances of that happening, are so low however, that it would take a very large profit increase to encourage HK to go further.

This way, if the dem's get in '08, and make some sort of retard AWB, HK doesn't get hurt because they're going Military/Police only....

Its the "safe" way of starting local production, i suppose...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts