HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying how much I love the comfort and look of the extended baseplate for my USPc. For the last 2 years I've only had mags with the extension. I recently got a new magazine with the flat baseplate and am very happy with how little it prints when concealing IWB side carry with light clothing. The extended baseplate has always concealed well for me too, but having 1/2" less hanging off the end of the grip is a bonus now that I have the flat bottom. My extended plate mags are now for the range and the flat for carry.

Anyone have similar experiences?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The only thing better than the flat magazine floor plates would be flush fitting floor plates but, alas, that would require a different magazine body.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
571 Posts
I prefer the flat floor plates as well, for the aforementioned reasons. Although, the grip when retrieving a mag with an extended floor plate from a mag carrier can be a bit more positive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I prefer the extended floor plates. It feels like my fingers are better contained with the extension.
I agree... but I do have rather large hands.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Speaking only of my experience with my P2000, I find I generally shoot better and the gun feels better with the flat floorplates. It causes me to maintain a higher grip on the gun. But my hands are not so big that I can't get them all on the grip. Some of the meat from my pinky will hang over just a bit, but my finger is firmly on the grip. To me it's the perfect length and compromise between concealability and comfort. I do have a couple 10 rd magazines for mine that are completely flush fitting. I wish the 12 round mags fit the same, but they still stick out a bit with the flat floorplates.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I agree... but I do have rather large hands.
I agree as well. I have the flat floor plates but my last finger hangs off the grip with the flat floor plates.
It is easier to carry with the flat floor plates but I usually carry with the extended floor plate mags due to my hand size.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I prefer the extended floor plates. It feels like my fingers are better contained with the extension.
+1 my pinky is nearly falling off if i draw and dont get a high enough grip with the flat plates, but I will get used to it the more I practice with the flat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree as well. I have the flat floor plates but my last finger hangs off the grip with the flat floor plates.
It is easier to carry with the flat floor plates but I usually carry with the extended floor plate mags due to my hand size.
How does the P290 work for you? I haven't had a chance to handle one, so I'm not sure how the grip is with large hands.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts