HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 9mm USP a couple weeks ago and after ~450 rounds, it's never ejected casings like it should be. Instead of popping them a good distance back and to the right of me, all the casings tend to fall at my feet (and that's not after ricocheting off of anything), on my arms, on my head, into my face, over the LEFT side of the gun, etc.

Without my eye protection, I probably would have lost my right eye several times over by now.

I read about some guy's 9mm usp expert that was doing something similar, and the suggestion was to let the recoil spring break in, but after this many rounds, I would have thought that problems like that would have gone away. I'm no expert, but I suspect that the other cause would be the extractor right?

I love the gun too much to let something like this keep me from going out to the range, but at the same time, I do want to see an end to getting pelted in the face with hot brass.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I know it's not an HK, but my stepfather was told that his Kimber was almost to halfway broke in after about 500 rounds when he called them with problems, weak/non-existent ejection being one of them. He followed their advice and just kept shooting it. 10-12 boxes later, it was smooth as butter. Unless someone here who knows more about USP's than me (read "anyone") tells you different, that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well I have never had any of my HK's do that out of the box or after thousands of rounds. Only thing right at first would be maybe a slide that slowly went back forward but after a few boxes that was no longer a problem.

In your case I would suspect its either a stiff recoil spring that needs to be broken in but at 450 rounds I would not think this would be an issue. It very well could be the extractor or extractor spring. Since I and several of us don't seem to know for sure what I am suggesting you do is call HK and ask for Travis. If anyone can tell you what to do etc it would be him. In my opinion it has not been right from the beginning and this is my opinion after owning a good 12 different HK pistols, most of being USP's. Give him a call during business hours and see what they say.

Dave

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm... What's the number?

Yea, I've shot several different kinds of ammo through it, and it's performed about the same, ejection-wise. And I'd probably eliminate a stronger grip because I let my friend (who's been shooting all his life) shoot it, and it was putting casings into his shirt pocket.

He's the one who suggested that it might be more serious than something like a strong recoil spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts