HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any thing like a lightning link or a dias for the hk rifles i know about the registered sears,trigger packs and registered receivers are there any nother full auto options of corse i want the dlo pack that shoots 3 calibers but i am saving my money now and i need to do my homework also i am assuming these are all a great investment (that is what i am telling the wife)and i am sure these have out performed stocks and bonds how much have the dlo boxes gone up in the last 10 years or so? the value is more of an afterthought i am more interested in my f/a options and the pecking order of all the choices thanks dan

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,860 Posts
There is no such thing as link or DIAS for the roller locks. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
is there any thing like a lightning link or a dias for the hk rifles i know about the registered sears,trigger packs and registered receivers are there any nother full auto options of corse i want the dlo pack that shoots 3 calibers dan
Dan: any full auto pack, DLO or otherwise, are capable of shoot more than 3 calibers. I suspect you are referencing the fact that many Form 4's list 3 calibers. The more common HK's and clones are built for: 9mm, 10mm, .223 and .308. Other builds are for 45ACP, .357 , etc. FYI: there are other manufacturer's that made Registered Trigger Housings as compared to a sear. With the DLO box you must purchase the internals but these are not expensive. The difference with the Registered Trigger Housings & DLO is that they are 100% HK geometry which is why you will most likely pay $1,000 - $1,500 more.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan: any full auto pack, DLO or otherwise, are capable of shoot more than 3 calibers. I suspect you are referencing the fact that many Form 4's list 3 calibers. The more common HK's and clones are built for: 9mm, 10mm, .223 and .308. Other builds are for 45ACP, .357 , etc. FYI: there are other manufacturer's that made Registered Trigger Housings as compared to a sear. With the DLO box you must purchase the internals but these are not expensive. The difference with the Registered Trigger Housings & DLO is that they are 100% HK geometry which is why you will most likely pay $1,000 - $1,500 more.
Kwesi i knew they would shoot in 3 or more calibers i was not sure it was legal un less it was registered in those calibers specificly and yes you were right about seeing it on form 4 but i am assuming the cheapest i cag get in the hk registered sear or pack game is 14-17 thousand i think a regise3red receiver that is married to one gun would be cheaper? thanks dan

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Kwesi i knew they would shoot in 3 or more calibers i was not sure it was legal un less it was registered in those calibers specificly and yes you were right about seeing it on form 4 but i am assuming the cheapest i cag get in the hk registered sear or pack game is 14-17 thousand i think a regise3red receiver that is married to one gun would be cheaper? thanks dan
Would be cheaper if it is a clip on(, ie. uses a 'unregistered sear' with registered unmodified factory receiver, read the conversion article here on HKPRO for details) but a true push-pin will likely be more expensive.

I would definitely recommend going with a sear or trigger pack since moving it around between different hosts just adds A LOT of fun to the game.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
i am assuming the cheapest i cag get in the hk registered sear or pack game is 14-17 thousand i think a regise3red receiver that is married to one gun would be cheaper?
I think the 14k day is mostly in the past... I'm seeing the sears moving in the 16+ range these days.

Yes a registered receiver will be cheaper, but not by much... say 15-20%. But you will only have one gun that is ever full auto. There is no swapping the FA parts from host-to-host like you can with a registered sear/pack.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
dan...

+1 to all the comments mentioned above.
You can legally shoot all calibers with those sears and boxes. Dont fret over what is written on the actual form 3/4.
Reg Receivers are indeed cheaper than unmarried sear or "box" guns.
Most non MP5 (MP5 series sell at premium over the others for some reason) Reg. receivers run ...say...$13,000 whereas the Registered sear in a trigger pack alone w/o host gun seem to be selling for $16k-$17k now (or at least those seem to be the freshest asking prices I've seen).

If you see yourself getting into multiple host guns (it's a lot of fun!) then a reg sear or reg. trigger box is THE way to go. If you are a purest or see yourself shooting only that one FA gun OR you have tons of money and simply want to purchase multiple reg rec. guns ...then just buy Reg Reciever guns and avoid the Sear. Sears sell at a premium b/c of their extreme versatility.

Def read the HK conversion guide in the Library section of this site. It's the bible.

As far as "buying a sear for investment"....I don't rec' it strictly for that purpose. They are illiquid, you have to feed them ammo, and you'll end up buying tons of hosts and basically become addicted and you'll snort up all your profit if you know what I mean. But sears are a better investment than cars. Think of sears as a hobby that prob. will at least break even and you'll do well and not be disappointed. That is strong bc vast majority of hobbies come nowhere near breaking even.

good luck.

-HH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts