HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok everyone, a week ago Gordon Miller had a post selling the new ATI "F" stock. I ordered one and it came today, opened the box and I found both the stock and the included hand guard. Let's start with the hand guard... it is a very nice molded plastic that does not have the typical fill marks where the plastic is injected in to the molds. The fit and finish is very nice and it works very well with my 94 rifle clone.

Stock:

Ok so I have several different clone stocks. Some are MKE, some are TB, however this one is head and shoulders above them all. The stock went on without any major force. It does take some attention to line up with the rails on the receiver, but it went right on. When I went to install the rear pin, it was off by just a little. I did have to ream the hole a bit with a drill bit, but 60 seconds later, the pin slid without issue.

When fully extended, the stock locks up very nice without any wiggle. It feels very firm and unlike the MKE version, it gives confidence in shouldering the rifle. I can only imagine how nice this will be on a SBR. The nicest part of this stock is that it had duel sling loops so us lefties can attach our slings on the right side of the gun. Very nice; this is in addition to the normal left side sling loop...

I don't have pics today, but they will be added to this post tomorrow. I must say for the $169 + shipping, it is a great produce and well worth the money. Only time will tell how it holds up to use, but initial impressions are favorable to me. I've never owned a real $450 HK F stock, so I can't compare the two, but for my cheap clone budget, I'm very pleased...

Pics coming!

Jesse

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thanks for the report. Which receiver did you install the stock on?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Interesting... I might have to check one out just for the right side single point attachment and no-wiggle claims.

My POF has so much slop it looks like an AKMS underfolder when extended.

(I do, however, still have "confidence when shouldering the rifle") LOLOL

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
How about one for a 33/93 ? The German ones give me sticker shock

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perfect for a rifle as it based on the barrel length of 16". I have photos that I'll post within the hour on a Reversed Stretch K...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now with Pics...

Ok, here are a few images of the stock on a Reverse Stretch K clone that belongs to a buddy. He was gracious enough to bring along his registered sear so we can keep it in the most beautiful form...

Gotta love these little guns!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Very nice Jesse. Looks like I'll be ordering one of these.

·
Registered
346 Posts
what is the device sticking out between the sliding rails? Buffer?
Not a buffer, just the spring load for the stock when fully collapsed. The F stock sticks out quite a bit further than the normal A3 stock so it need this extension to reach. These stocks come with a rubber buffer.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes they have a rubber buffer, I would assume you could use it with a buffered 93/53 carrier. The unit is a nice option.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts