HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am an SOT and want to use some FA packs with my shelved receivers/ CP housings. I understand a cutout needs to be made, but can I get away with not relocating the pin? I understand most transferrable packs have the pin relocated, but I'm hoping to craft out a big enough section without moving it and making things more complicated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried and failed. Cut off just enough to clear the shelf. Fired single shot but that's it. Another SOT couldn't even get his to fire.

The two push pins are easy but I don't want to have to convert a bunch of receivers.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,189 Posts
Tried and failed. Cut off just enough to clear the shelf. Fired single shot but that's it. Another SOT couldn't even get his to fire.

The two push pins are easy but I don't want to have to convert a bunch of receivers.
Post a picture of what/how you cut it.............should not have been that difficult

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,189 Posts
I understand a cutout needs to be made, but can I get away with not relocating the pin? I understand most transferrable packs have the pin relocated, but I'm hoping to craft out a big enough section without moving it and making things more complicated.
Most transferable packs do not have pin relocated.......all sear packs do............this is all you need if I am understanding your question right.....
View attachment 57345

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You do have a FA carrier? stupid question but, has to be asked

Yup. The packs look like the one pictured above. One pack seems like the bolt isn't hitting the trip. Actually, it's probably like that for both. But for one you can push the housing inward towards the receiver and get a click.

The SEF packs are from RTG. Reciever is a DJ Getz.

Tool Trigger Latch Door handle

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,189 Posts
Yup. The packs look like the one pictured above. One pack seems like the bolt isn't hitting the trip. Actually, it's probably like that for both. But for one you can push the housing inward towards the receiver and get a click.
Sounds like you might need to shim the shelf a little...................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts