HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear of this magazine?

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckler-Koch-HK416-Gen3-30-Round-Magazine-Window-p/hk-250068.htm

Heckler & Koch Gen3 30-Round Magazine w/ Window | Black

Description:

Factory German Heckler & Koch 30-round Gen3 polymer magazines, compatible with 5.56mm weapon systems: HK416 / MR223 / AR15 / M16 / M4 type rifles.

Heckler & Koch Gen3 30-Round Magazine w/ Window | Black

List Price: $89.95

https://cdn3.volusion.com/knqkd.pxjkx/v/vspfiles/photos/HK-250068-2.png?v-cache=1585220843

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was going to trade-up from the HK Translucent Polymer's that I have been very happy with, but it looks like you just saved me a few bucks.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
these are the magazines that accompany the 416A5. they are available in 3 different colors and there are many threads on here about them. Check the 416 forum, where all things 416 and 417 are talked about.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
these are the magazines that accompany the 416A5. they are available in 3 different colors and there are many threads on here about them. Check the 416 forum, where all things 416 and 417 are talked about.
What’s the TL:DR version of what’s in the 416 forum? Go or No Go?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Really? That's crazy. Doesn't make sense that HK would make a mag incompatible with the 223/556. Do you have a link?
I would have to do some digging. I was about to spend $90 on one on a site and then I read the user reviews on the page and that is where I remember reading about them having issues with the MR556

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I have two arriving tomorrow that I ordered from Vikingtactics.de. I should hopefully be trying them out with my 416 this weekend. I'll report back if I experience any issues.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
That’s the forum, not a post.....

Can you link to the specific post where people claim that there are issues with the Gen 3 mags?
No, I can't. as stated above, the first I heard of issues was in this thread, post #2, where @anavrin0901 posted he heard there were issues with the mags in MR rifles (https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long...olymer-magazines-hk-250068-a.html#post3690510 ) .

my earlier/initial reference was intended to mean there are several posts about the magazines in general, as the OP stated they were new to him and he was looking for info about them; when he posted, "anyone heard of this magazine" and posted a link to them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
All,

I know I caused a lot of controversies with my statement and I looked all over the web and can’t come across where I saw what I saw. I wanted to get these and I was willing to spend the $80 plus dollar price, but I do remember reading an article where the reviewer said they had issues with the MR556A1 and these magazines. Because of that I went onto HK Parts and just bought the $30 HK Polymer ones they still have. Since I cannot find the article I originally reference please don’t put any stock in my statement. I need proof to back it up.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I put about 300 rounds through my HK Gen 3 mags this weekend without any issues. I'm using a BRN-4 lower with my 416 10.4" upper and the magazines were not too tight of a fit at all. They snapped right in and would fall right out freely without any assistance when pressing the mag release.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts