HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been put in contact with a guy that is selling an HK91 with a side folding stock. He says the gun came from the factory with the side folder. Did HK ever produce a 91 with a side folder stock? My first thought is no but I want to verify before making a fool of myself. thanks!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've been put in contact with a guy that is selling an HK91 with a side folding stock. He says the gun came from the factory with the side folder. Did HK ever produce a 91 with a side folder stock? My first thought is no but I want to verify before making a fool of myself. thanks!

I don't think so, I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Not to my knowledge. The side folder was a uniquely american born device.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
See if you can get some pics. They may have a PTR which could have come with a Choate folder, or they could have their terminology messed up and have HK91 with a retractable stock (A3). The was a run of side folders with the scorpion logo embossed from PTR.

Best,

TC

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Define "factory"? HK GmbH where the HK91's we made? - never happened OR
HK Inc in the US (US distributor) where there were some Choate side-folding stocks used there for T&E and demo purposes. The rifle could have been one of those demo guns that was sold as a used gun with the Choate stock. IT WAS NOT made/assembled that way in Germany.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I have side folders on other weapons but on an HK? Yuk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts