HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the reason that the factory will not convert a DA/SA P30 to LEM? Is there a good reason why they won't? If it compromises functionality I can understand that. What have I missed?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Apparently they believe the frame differences compromise reliability or something. That is the minimal info I have gathered. I've converted my V3 to LEM and it has been 100% for me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Apparently they believe the frame differences compromise reliability or something. That is the minimal info I have gathered. I've converted my V3 to LEM and it has been 100% for me.
Did you use THIS conversion kit? I've been thinking about the switch but I have the P30s. Can you do the LEM conversion on a P30 with a safety?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, my P30 V2 LEM is a direct from HK LEM so I can't say that I have had a reason to research these conversion kits thoroughly. However I think this HK forum is the best of the Internet forums that are dedicated to a particular firearm product line. The information found here is regularly complete and accurate at least as best as I can figure. Hence I don't doubt that H&K's position on the topic is as described. Maybe this is why there are some LEM conversion kits being offered by PartsNet and others that are not offered. PartsNet does not offer a P30 LEM conversion kit unless I have just flat missed it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did you use THIS conversion kit? I've been thinking about the switch but I have the P30s. Can you do the LEM conversion on a P30 with a safety?
I believe that is the kit the original purchaser used. I bought the main functional components off him for a lesser sum. The P30S can be converted, but you will have to remove the safety. Sorry for the late response.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I believe that is the kit the original purchaser used. I bought the main functional components off him for a lesser sum. The P30S can be converted, but you will have to remove the safety. Sorry for the late response.
This is incorrect. The P30S can be converted to LEM using that kit, and the safety retained. I have successfully completed the conversion, and can provide more information if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts