HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an H&K USP .40 full size. I already have 2 magazines for it, each of which have the HK symbol stamped on the bottom.

I just bought another magazine from a local dealer, and it was not in any kind of packaging. It does not have the HK symbol on the bottom. Everything else appears identical. I asked the dealer if this magazine was a factory magazine and if it was new and he said yes.

Did I get a factory magazine or a clone?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Within the last three years HK has removed the "HK" and "USP" from the USP Polymyer magazine baseplates.

As suggested above, if you can post a picture of the magazine and in particular the bottom it should be very easy to tell.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do they normally come without any kind of packaging? The "new" one has some scuffs so I thought it was used.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It's a real HK mag.

If you look at both magazines at the baseplate you can see where "HK" used to be on your new mag. HK simply removed the "HK" marks from the magazine mold.

Some dealers remove the magazines from the HK baggies. I know the range I go to does.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yes, they're HK. Only "aftermarket" mags fo HK pistols are Promag, and you WILL tell the difference by looking at them. (they suck major nuts)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts