HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there ever any factory MP5SD's available for public consumption?

Thanx, Axe

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I would say no. They should all be pre-may dealer samples. I highly doubt any slipped by.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
It was designed in 1974 so it could not have been imported for civilian sales/use after 1968.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Since the SD didn't exist until after '68, there's no possibility a factory SD would be transferable to us regular folks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
An HK factory MP5SD gun itself is a "Post Sample" while the suppressor is a "Pre Sample". That said, here is my Qualified RR PP MP5SD. It is as close to HK factory I have ever fired. Actually, the Qualified suppressor is quieter than the HK suppressor.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input. Friend of a friend is getting a "MP5SD" (transferable suppessed submachine gun) for legal fees payment but havn't got the complete scoop on what exact it is really.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
RTDS in Cave Creek does some amazing SD clones, axehole. Pretty close to "Central Arizona" I reckon!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I have one actually and love it. :)

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
RDTS's work is great... they could use a tune up on their delivery times, however... :biggrin:

·
Registered
259 Posts
The only way for a civilian to own a non-post sample MP5SD is to have a conversion done with a transferable sear by the the likes of RDTS. FWIW, I have one of RDTS's MP5SD conversions and the gun not only looks like the real deal but functions flawlessly. Highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice, I've heard nothing but praise for their work, I'll have to get one some day! I wonder if they would do one in .40.
My buddy has been talking to him about a .40 I believe he will do it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice pic!!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Bought my Pre '86 dealer sample in 1992 NIB for $1,600, shot it for a bit then thought real hard and sent it to RDTS for an SD conversion. Got it home and installed a three shot lower, and never regreted it! The receiver is stamped 12/72. No lugs are on the receiver, so no optics for me. LOVE the SD!

Good luck!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tune up on turnaround time? Try 2 weeks last spring for a full blown 53 with 93 rec. conversion, and a 94 mp5 sd conversion he. I could not believe how fast he and his sons did both of my guns! Ralph is one of the best guys on the planet. He has educated me a lot on HKs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts