HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when you receive a NEW CA94 40 and the fake suppressor/barrel extension is not trued to the barrel what can you do to true it?

1. I was thinking send it back. Maybe I will get a responce(I sent an email 11/24/07) back from Coharie, maybe not. After all there is a LIFE TIME WARRANTY for FUNCTION.

2. Then i was thinking maybe it wont be that hard to fix.
- would I have to remove the blind pin? or can I heat up the barrel and shift the fake can over until it is centered without touching the pin?

Can someone with experience please let me know the best route. If someone from Coharie or one of the other companies that no longer exists is reading this then please help. I am not trying to be a pain but I do expect a new rifle to shoot straight. Shooting 1' right at 50' with 8" groups on a bench rest doesn't cut anything.

I will post picks up on here when I get home.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If it's only shooting 1" right at 50yds (which isn't bad) wouldn't a simple sight adjustment fix that?

Don't know what to tell ya about the FS being off and the 8" groups off the bench. Do you have pics to help us out? Is it a 16" barrel with FS over it or the 9" barrel with the FS pinned to the 3 lug?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got off the phone with the company who made it and all will be fixed. They were away for the holidays and didn't respond because of this. They said they will take the rifle back and make it like new with aligned barrel/barrel extention and new finish!

I may have posted this a bit sooner than I should have but I was nervous after spending the money and not getting a responce.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If it's only shooting 1" right at 50yds (which isn't bad) wouldn't a simple sight adjustment fix that?

Don't know what to tell ya about the FS being off and the 8" groups off the bench. Do you have pics to help us out? Is it a 16" barrel with FS over it or the 9" barrel with the FS pinned to the 3 lug?
ETA: I would send it back if you aren't happy. Period.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thats 1 foot right at 50 feet. I talked to the company and they said its rare but the barrel extention sometimes do not line up and get missed under final inspection. They will fix it under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts