HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you can shoot a tactical with a fake suppresseor on it? Is it safe? Will it cycle properly? Just wondering.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The fake suppressors I have seen are solid hunks of metal. It will not cycle with all that weight and may even damage the gun since the gun can't recoil like it's supposed to. They are for looking at only.

With that said, I've never actually used one. Other people may have a different story.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
IMO, Don't waste your money. All it will do is add weight and throw the whole balance of the gun off.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Only fake suppressors that can be shot while on the gun, are MFI cans.

They're a steel tube, with a thin alluminum shroud around. They weight 5.5 ounces, so they are safe to shoot while on the gun.

I have on for my mark23, its kind of neat, but its mostly for show, not sooting. It is kind of neat to shoot while on the gun, but the few mags i shot mine with, it didn't lock the slide back on the last round (whereas it does fine without) so it does chug it a little.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have one

i bought a tactical and it came with it, i've never used it so i can't say whether or not it works, if you want it, pm me with an offer ...or i'll trade someone for some hicap mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts