HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a fake suppressor on the HKtactical USP and does it cycle coreectly when fired?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have one for my Mark23. (an MFI fake can)

It does cycle properly, but mine usually doesn't hold the slide back after the last round, when the suppressor is on.

I would not try this with any fake can more than 7 ounces, which IIRC is the safe limit for weight hanging off the barrel without a booster.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I just shot my new tactical 45 for the first time today. It came with a fake MFI suppresor. No isues to report. Locked back on the last round every time! And it sounds cool too! Not quite suppressed but a little more quiet than regular!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just shot my new tactical 45 for the first time today. It came with a fake MFI suppresor. No isues to report. Locked back on the last round every time! And it sounds cool too! Not quite suppressed but a little more quiet than regular!
Probably because the noise is further away from your ears. It is odd that people can make a "fake" suppressor. What separates a fake suppressor from a real one? What if the fake one DOES quiet a pistol?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have to say, its defanatly a diffrent sound with the "fake" suppressor on it. It's not just further away. Its nothing like shooting a real suppressor, but its defanatly quieter and diffrent than with out the "fake" suppressor.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have to say, its defanatly a diffrent sound with the "fake" suppressor on it. It's not just further away. Its nothing like shooting a real suppressor, but its defanatly quieter and diffrent than with out the "fake" suppressor.
+1 it does sound very different. FWIW i only put a couple rounds though my can, with ammo i have never tried before (S&B factory crap, i usually use my own loads)

I think it just changes the pitch a bit, i think the "definition" of a sound suppressor, is that it will reduce the sound by a number of decibels (spl?).

The MFI can is just considered a barrel extention by ATF, its a plain old high grade steel tube that is threaded, with a permanently attached alluminum shroud around it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts