HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had quite a few setups on mine. I love the b&t side folder; I can’t seem to let myself sell that. I’ve had the sbtactical brace, it was meh. The choate is nice except it seems to always wobble, I like the folder action on the b&t which has no side to side play much better. Recently I tried the b&t collapsible… I’m sold. I combined it with the Magpul forend, which I dremmeled notches in to allow for the stock arms to rest flush with the gun, it is a mean and solid setup! Super low footprint, and extremely sturdy. Can be deployed one handed, and stood up the best in drop testing. IMO it’s the best setup to avoid the bulk of a side folder.
B9E9AC35-FF0C-45CC-86B5-3CA4EF368B75.jpeg
7DB599A9-F582-4D25-8ECD-BFBF5C7D89F7.jpeg

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
I have several kinds and my favorite is the BT @ $440 - less than half of what a F type HK for the SP5 will run you - if you can find one🤷🏻

Just checked IN STOCK @ BT
BT forearms are 👍

·
Registered
253 Posts
I’m gonna get a choate and an HK Ump folder and switch them in and out depending how I feel. I like the look of both

·
Registered
178 Posts
That’s a sexy looking gun!! :love:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered the B&T folding stock with plans to use it once I SBR it (well first things first, I have to get the gun lol —but that should be this week). But now I’m starting to think I want the B&T telescoping stock too/instead. I’m not making any moves until I see how I like the folder though. I prefer the look of the folding stock and the quality seems amazing, but I’m thinking the telescopic stock would be pretty badass too.

I also bought the vertical grip too because of the classic look, but I honestly am kind of digging the stock front on the K. Who knows maybe I’ll end up with 2 stocks and switch between the 2 grips and 2 stocks depending on my mood.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
BT has some nice forearms - my fav is the plain with just a bottom rail with the BT QD grip

the tri-rail very nice looking but I never mount anything on the sides - add the rail covers for comfort

·
Registered
325 Posts
The choate is nice except it seems to always wobble
what do you mean by "wobble"? I have a CHOATE stock that has been on my MP5k clone for the last 14 years that I put more then several thousands of rounds through the gun and the stock still locks up tight with zero wobble

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
what do you mean by "wobble"? I have a CHOATE stock that has been on my MP5k clone for the last 14 years that I put more then several thousands of rounds through the gun and the stock still locks up tight with zero wobble
Same here, many thousands over years and absolutely no wobble. Quite comfortable as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I go back and forth between the HK choate side-folder and the B&T collapsible stock. I love the compactness of the B&T, but the choate mounts better. It's like the difference between the A2 vs A3 on a MP5/SP5...the A2 is a better shooter for me. Also my HK/Choate locks up tight with no wobble.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have tried several stocks. My preferred at the moment is the ACR stock (Run on a PTR K). Although I've been eyeballing that B&T collapsible.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
I have tried several stocks. My preferred at the moment is the ACR stock
ACR stock is fantastic - BT has an adapter for the their APC - my #1 for my APC308 - not sure about a HK adapter - maybe Haga - seems like I have seen them.

·
Priest of the P7
5,243 Posts
I prefer shooting the BT folder — I don’t mind wrapping around the little bugger despite being fairly tall — and it gives you the shortest OAL when folded albeit with greater thickness. The BT collapsible stock definitely gives you the most compact package despite making the gun an inch or so longer. I don’t find it as comfortable to shoot, but it sure looks pretty great.

Those are the two I have and will cycle between. Lucky for us it takes 5 seconds to change them.

I use the DTac forend. M-Lok is convenient, I use a vertical grip up front, and if you’re not using the other slots you can fill them with little grippy deals. Makes it easy to stick on a light or a brass catcher.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
Revolutionary Roller Locks OOS☹
on a SPL5 would be near perfection IMHO

·
Registered
13 Posts
The K adapter is available at least.

I run the ACR on my full size as well. Right now it's got the Spuhr treatment.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
for those who have not tried the ACR: adjustable cheek weld 👍 G2G on irons or an optic - my opinion is on the APC308 only

1 - 20 of 37 Posts