HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am in the process of purchasing my first HK 94 from Cooler and want to install the FBI trigger pack. Adam ar HK Pro has been very patient with my idiotic questions, but would you leave the orignal metal lower and trigger pack in tact or pull the trigger pack and just buy the C/P FBI stripped lower.

I'm just looking at the advantages/disadvatages of having two complete lowers or saving cash and using one to build the other.

Thank you.

Jim

·
Registered
969 Posts
When using a FBI lower you will need a ambi trigger pack, the trigger pack that comes on a factory HK94 will not work with a FBI lower.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hello All,
I am in the process of purchasing my first HK 94 from Cooler and want to install the FBI trigger pack. Adam ar HK Pro has been very patient with my idiotic questions, but would you leave the orignal metal lower and trigger pack in tact or pull the trigger pack and just buy the C/P FBI stripped lower.

I'm just looking at the advantages/disadvatages of having two complete lowers or saving cash and using one to build the other.

Thank you.

Jim
Buy the FBI Trigger group from Adam and ask him to make the mods necessary for drop-in fit when you get it.

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
its alot of money to just get the FBI lower as you need the trigger pack(modified) and the FBI lower/selector.

but you can use your 94 trigger pack and just get a clipped and pinned SEF lower/selector, about $150 vrs $500-600 for the FBI.

or get one of the navy sytle lowers C/P that use the 94 trigger pack

I have a FBI pack and lower on a 94......it aint nothing special and I wouldn't pay the $400-600 for one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, not to beat a dead horse, but I would simply be paying for the look?
Does an "ambi" pack add any collectability or value?
Lastly, I know Adam has got some Navy SEF lowers; would I simply pull the semi pack from my 94, drop it in and switch out the selector? Would there be any reason to keep the orginal metal lower and trigger pack in tact?

Thanks - I'm just trying to get the most for my money

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
It really only matters if you're left-handed and want to have an ambidextrous safety lever. The FBI lowers, the burst lowers, and the Navy lower all are ambi. That makes a huge difference for some of us. If I was right-handed, I'd do exactly what Landpimp suggested.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Gordon Miller has been selling C&P lowers for $120 range, he had standard SEF or Navy SEF. 1 has finger groves, 1 not. Standard SEF does. Your Safe/ Semi internals will fit either.

So, not to beat a dead horse, but I would simply be paying for the look?
Does an "ambi" pack add any collectability or value?
Lastly, I know Adam has got some Navy SEF lowers; would I simply pull the semi pack from my 94, drop it in and switch out the selector? Would there be any reason to keep the orginal metal lower and trigger pack in tact?

Thanks - I'm just trying to get the most for my money

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
good choice, best bang for the buck.

the true picto/navy lowers are cool.......got the bullets and stuff but the selctor is loud.......for a mall ninga like myself that important ;)

Thank you for helping me in this selection.
Went with the SEF Navy lower from Robert at RTG.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts