HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just out of curiousity, since the 416 has been out for a few years now, anyone know what the feedback on it from military and law enforcement end users has been like? I know the US Army's Asymmetric Warfare Group has had them and the FBI's HRT recently adopted them in small numbers as well. I think it's safe to assume the boys with 1st SFOD are pretty happy with it.

On another note, has anyone received any negative feedback in regards to the 416's performance in the field? I've heard a few rumors here and there, but they've all stemmed from a certain manufacturer who's name I'll withhold for now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would also like to hear more. From the reviews that I have seen it looks top notch. Based off of the parts prices it better!
Any possibility of HK producing a civilian 16" semi?
TC

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ThompsonCrazy,

Having already purchased and shot one of the 416 upper receiver kits, I can tell you they really are TOP notch! However, I don't put nearly as many rounds through my gun as someone who's deployed overseas with the military or on a part-time or full-time tactical team. So, with that lies my curiousity about it's performance in the field, harsh conditions, etc etc...

By the way, in regards to the civilian 416, take a look at the front page of HKPRO for information on that.

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but at least a coupld of teams in Washington have gone to the 416, from what I have heard they were happy... One of the reports regarding this was info posted here on HKPRO.....

good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 10" 416 rifle and I am very happy with it. I really like the rate of fire in full auto and the accuracy is great. Every thing about the rifle is top notch.

Since receiving the HK 416 I have retired my LWRC, Stag, & LMT AR's.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,701 Posts
I had not heard of actual HRT adoption. I heard FBI was testing.

Do you have a source?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
AWG

The Army is removing the HK416's from the AWG. Their use of the weapon around units with standard issue M4's/M16's caused too many questions to Army leadership as to why the rest of the Army could not have the same enhanced capabilities of the 416. They are being replaced with FN-made M16 lowers overstamped with M4 and fitted with M4 uppers from Colt. The 416's are going to the depot. Stupidity at work!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Great.:rolleyes:

Now all the morons on ARF will claim that they know a guy who says that there were big reliability problems, etc.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The Army is removing the HK416's from the AWG. Their use of the weapon around units with standard issue M4's/M16's caused too many questions to Army leadership as to why the rest of the Army could not have the same enhanced capabilities of the 416. They are being replaced with FN-made M16 lowers overstamped with M4 and fitted with M4 uppers from Colt. The 416's are going to the depot. Stupidity at work!
G3k, good to see you back again! :D

·
HKPro Professional
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G3Kurz,

It's great to hear from you again! What a terrible decision on the Army's part. Instead of taking them away from the soldiers, they should be giving them more!

Tspeis

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
G3Kurz,

It's great to hear from you again! What a terrible decision on the Army's part. Instead of taking them away from the soldiers, they should be giving them more!

Tspeis
Honestly, do any of us recall the Army making a good decision (regarding weapon system/equipment) in the last 15 or so years?

·
Registered
118 Posts
There are positives and negatives to the HK 416 design, as with any weapon.

Yes, I have the HK 416 as well as the Colt M4.

A well maintained DI gun is a very good weapon. A 416 is a very good weapon. In the end there is no be all end all definitve "best" service rifle. Trade offs exist with any platform. Do I think the 416 offers that much more over a Colt or LMT DI gun? NO. I use these guns and shoot thousands of rounds through them. I have no biased one way or the other.

The HK 416 is just another choice. It is a good choice. But not the only choice.

A lot of problems with military weapons are from too many different end users, improper maintenance, as well as an inaccurate service life history. You can't fault the weapons for these instances. The system isn't that good for most of our ground pounders.

Being in a smaller organization alleviates a lot of these factors. In reality it all comes down to $. The $ for small arms just isn't a priority, it never has been for organizations who plan on losses in their warfare strategy.

Until the attitude by the powers that be changes the perceptions will remain the same. "Perception is reality" as it would seem in this instance.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I know the USMC isn't buying the HK416. There will be no changes to the current weapon policy in the USMC until 2015ish. It's all about the $$$'s. We are fielding 400 Colt M4's per Rifle Battalion.

Maj

·
2,832 Posts
Thurston County SWAT has(for sometime) the 416s in WA, Thurston is the capital city(Olympia) county.

guess the podunk town of Orting WA has them on order....which is amazing

I don't know if this helps, but at least a coupld of teams in Washington have gone to the 416, from what I have heard they were happy... One of the reports regarding this was info posted here on HKPRO.....

good luck

·
Registered
324 Posts
Even within MARSOC?
MARSOC uses the Colt M4 along with a number of other weapons of choice. I've never heard or seen the 416 w/MARSOC.

Maj

·
Registered
337 Posts

Can you provide verification of this?

That's sad news for the AWG guys, they seemed very pleased to have the HK416.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
What about Delta? Do they have to follow this stupid rule?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts