HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to emachineshop.com I might be able to do a small run of SL8/G36 bolt releases, aka CobraCatch, but before I do so I need to check here if you guys are interested in this thing at all.

The bolt release will allow you to release the bolt again after the bolt hold open has retained the bolt in its rearmost position after the last round in the mag has been fired, and thus eliminates the need to operate the charging handle by hand (except for the first chambering of course).

A brief video showing the bolt release in action can be downloaded here .

Also, I would like your input on the design of the releaser:

Alternative 1:
Just like the XM8 bolt release. This has NO extra features like the extra wide head for improved catching of the bolt, or wide neck to prevent the infamous crack from developing at the front of the trigger housing.

Alternative 2:
No extra features like the XM8 release, but has a wider release tab like the prototype CobraCatch

Alternative 3:
The 'real' CobraCatch! Features the extra wide head for safe catching of the bolt, as well as a wide neck to relieve the bolt catch recess in the trigger housing from stress. It has the wide release tab like alternative 2, and looks pretty much just like the catch on the right in this picture .

Also, to complicate matters even more, anyone replying to this thread is asked to make a statement whether they'd like the piece to be
A) a one-piece all steel construction, or
B) if they'd prefer a bottom half made out of plastic like on the catch from HK.

Just to sum things up, when replying to this thread, only do so if you could be interested in purchasing a SL8/G36 bolt release. Replying does NOT mean you have to buy one, of course. When replying, simply write "3A" if you think a one-piece all steel construction of CobraCatch sounds like a good thing, or "1B" if you'd rather have the XM8-style bolt release with lower part made of plastic. Other comments are also appreciated, but please give feedback on what model you'd choose.

The price will be about $50 (shipping included)

More pics:
HK-made catch and CobraCatch prototype sideview.
CobraCatch prototype in SL8.
HK-made release I
H-made release II
Overview of different models

Norwegian Patent NO316880. US patent pending.

thanks,
-t

·
Registered
150 Posts
wider is better and whatever construction is most functional
i have the evil crack in my sl8 1 lower but top notch is en route. not neccessarily installing but good option. xm 8 release is a feature i want and was going to find someone to make a reliable one like hkpartsonline. marc W
my hk catch has slipped and marked my bolt head so i disabled it after not being able to correct. ie. mag springs i think or the crack in reciever adds friction maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, fits SL8, -1 ,-4, -5 G36, K and C. And I'll ship world wide.

Don't think I'll proceed unless there are 10 replies or more though.

appreciate your reply /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-t

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hej all,

i know this is an old topic - but i need your help...

... where can i purchase a cobracatch or al similar device for my SL8 (5)

thanks ahead

·
Registered
279 Posts
+1

ill definatly take 1

shipping to ireland !!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Definitely interested in one.

Option 3 - wide Cobra Release - suboption A - all steel construction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts