HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I insert a mag in my USP-F 45 with a good bit of force, the slide releases, but instead of chambering a round, it jams the gun. For whatever reason the round gets pinched between the slide and barrel ramp while the round is still partly in the magazine. In order to clear this jam, I have to lock back the slide, use a finger to push the jamed round out of the mag (the ejector has not caught the round yet), drop the mag, then reload. This worries my because if I am in a high stress situation and have to reload, I am afraid the gun will jam on me if I use too much force. Is there any fix to this? Thanks.
-mwm

·
Registered
177 Posts
Something similar happened to me one time. It occurred durring a mag change in which I SLAMMED the magazine in with so much force it eject the round out the top of magazine and I had a stove pipe with an unfired round. Every now and then, I'll do a mag change and the slide will go forward chambering a round, but I've never had a malfunction like you have described. What happens when you slingshot the slide, or activate the slide release? The results should be the same if you activate the slide release, vs it going home by itself durring a mag change. Did this happen more than once? If it happens all the time I would suggest a good start in this case to be mag springs. Good luck. I would not describe your situation as common or typical.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Odds are the round wasn't fully seated in the mag when you inserted it. Always index the mag in your hand with the index finger on the bullet prior to inserting the mag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. I will try to best to respond to each responce...

It doesn't jam every time, but certainly most times.

I only have the two mags that came with the gun, and they both do it.

The gun loads without an issue if I rack the slide or trip the release.

I normally check to make sure the rounds are properly seated, but I have not been as cautious as I probably should be about it, as I normally just trip the slide release and it has not been a problem. I will be sure to double check them now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like the feed lips might be a bit wide or the round isn't fully seated in the mag. I always tap the mag on my leg to seat the bullets all the way back in the mag. Not completely sure, but those are my best guesses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts