HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I haven't shot a USP9 but I'm wondering how the recoil/muzzle flip is. I ask because I have shot a USP45 and I came away from it impressed with how it didn't kill my hand like some other .45s I have shot (crazy talk?) so I didn't know if the same held true in 9mm (although since the 9 is so mild, this may not be a thing.)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,047 Posts
The USP9 is a fine shooter and a very soft/flat recoiling gun if you do your part. I rented a USP9 at my rent-a-range and it was so good, that I ended up with my USP9 SD. Definitely a great addition. The USP45 is my favorite of the USP line hands down though. Makes a 45acp feel like a 9mm and allows you to do incredible things with all 12 rounds.

HK USP9 SD Done 7.jpg

·
Registered
711 Posts
USP 9 FS is very soft shooting. One of the smoothest shooting 9's in my collection along with my P226 TacOps. I'll never get rid of any of my USP's especially the full size pistols

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its not quite a soft as a Glock 34, but its the next softest to me.

i do think it shoots softer than the P30L for me, even with the grip of the P30 fitting my exactly Medium sized paws better.

I'd pick the USP only because I've spent so much time with one, but you should shoot both and decide if you are eyeing a full size HK 9.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I follow your thinking, I too bought a USP 45 and was amazed at how little and soft the recoil was. Went back and got the 9 thinking it was have almost no recoil by that measure, unfortunately the 9 seems the same as most of my other 9s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts