HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this new global cooling thing in the news us Texans figure we can shoot all year. I'm game for a pistol/Subgun weekend and even have a spare MP5 and UMP I'm happy to loan.

Anyone game? Me the wife and a buddy make a quick three and I'm curious if we can get more?

Chris

·
Registered
303 Posts
I may be interested in subgun only. Tom is there any discount for 3 time students?

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,987 Posts
I'm sure that I can round up some folks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
With this new global cooling thing in the news us Texans figure we can shoot all year. I'm game for a pistol/Subgun weekend and even have a spare MP5 and UMP I'm happy to loan.

Anyone game? Me the wife and a buddy make a quick three and I'm curious if we can get more?

Chris
I would love to come; I've got a USP9 SD, a new chrome P7 and a case of 1000rds of 9mm speer lawman coming in today! (happy to share!) I've always wanted to try out the MP5 and UMP, let me know what time/date/location you're thinking.

·
11,987 Posts
Allrighty guys... I'm trying to put together this for Pro. We are looking at having him here on a Sunday, sometime end of June, beginning of July. It's Houston, it's gonna be blistering hot.

Saturday will be taken up by a private class for some folks who want to be just introduced to HK Koolaide, so no 2-day pistol/sub gun course this time.

We are looking for 6-14 folks for the class. Having your own full auto MP5 is not an absolute requirement, but at the very least, you will need a carbine and a sidearm, sling and holster. Non HK weapons will invite polite snickering, but are completely acceptable. Lemme know if the *general* time works for you.

Figure around $275 for class and range fees, about 750-1000 rounds for your sub gun, and a couple 100 for your pistol.

If you do not live in the area, you can have ammo shipped to me or can buy locally. I can also give suggestions on hotels that range anywhere from rent by the minute to 5 star (depending on what you need).

SOUND OFF!

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I'll check my calendar--if I'm not out guarding the sinkhole, I'm in!

·
11,987 Posts
As an aside, I will most likely have my MP5 and MP5K available for fondling and such. Not clones or sear guns, but the gen-you-wine stuff. We'll also have great fun watching Diesel trying to do some of those combination shots...

Seriously, the class is a ton of fun, well worth the time, you learn a lot, and the skills are very portable.

I don't know why I mentioned Diesel's problem... Hell, I cannot even get my fingers to work right to swap mags!

As an added bonus, I'll be bringing a can of Krylon gloss black spray paint for those who wind up dinging their finishes...

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
It looks like I will be home for the summer, so if there is an extra MP5 I could use you can count me in if I am here.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If the class were to take place- where in Houston would it be? I don't know if I can make it out there but it wouldn't hurt submitting the F5320.

·
11,987 Posts
The class would likely be held at the Impact Zone range. West of the city. I believe the nearest actual town is Monaville!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now the wife has some friends that want to do the pistol part of Tom's wonderful training. I believe if we set a date and do some pre-registration we may get a good turnout in Houston. Tom, do you have a date window I should float by Phil at Impact Zone and see if we can assemble another weekend class?

Chris

·
11,987 Posts
Chris,
Tom's life got a lot more hectic in recent weeks. I'll help out in any way that I can.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,040 Posts
This fall would be better if we could. It's hectic because our chief just retired and I am interim. This will be my life through January at least, but I should be able to squeak out a class. Want to make it pistol only?

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I'll try to be there no matter what you're shooting/instructing. I always learn something and have a good time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree with Diesel, I'll take any class Tom puts together. I know a couple folks interested in either option.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts