HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tom, I spoke to Phil and he is happy to have you visit most anytime you have available. We have a good bit of local interest for either or both of your excellent courses. We know your busy and will wait if we must but would love to get on the scedule.

Hope things become less hectic for you soon,
Chris

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Any updates on the Houston class, as my deployment is about over? I have a buddy who is interested if we could find an MP-5 for me and him.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,987 Posts
I'll see if I can get a read on the situation. I'm going to assume that the range is not flooded and without power from Ike. I know that Pro has been swamped with his new temporary duties and that the area mosquitoes are about the size of helicopters (another present from Ike).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Still interested

Would love an opportunity to do another pistol/smg combo when time permits. Feelers with friends shows a good amount of interest.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Any updates???

·
11,987 Posts
Until Pro can get the "day" job to ease up, things will be problematic.:70:

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,040 Posts
Guys, I just don't know if I am going to be able to pull this off.

What interest is there in another course for Houston?

I might make that my last one. I think now that I am permanent #2, my job just isn't going to ease up enough like it was in the old days.

:(

·
Registered
849 Posts
Pro, I would be interested in a class, and since I live in Austin, this is very realistic for me to attend. Do you have detailed agenda listing what is expected to be covered/taught, equipment list, etc.?

·
11,987 Posts
I can give you a top line on the class. I've been Pro's RSO for many classes and am always amazed at how much we cover in a day!

The subgun class involves learning the safe and effective use of of a subgun in a variety of deployment situations. You will learn:

• stance and carry
  • aimed and burst drills
  • CQB and longer engagement
  • shoot on the move
  • shoot from cover
  • transition drills
  • skills drills
  • malfunction drills
  • deployment
Students should bring their own subgun (bring an MP5 or we will laugh at you) and a sidearm, 1000 rounds of ammo (roughly 800 subgun/200 sidearm), eyes and ears, sunscreen, refreshments.

·
Registered
849 Posts
  • stance and carry
  • aimed and burst drills
  • CQB and longer engagement
  • shoot on the move
  • shoot from cover
  • transition drills
  • skills drills
  • malfunction drills
  • deployment
Students should bring their own subgun (bring an MP5 or we will laugh at you) and a sidearm, 1000 rounds of ammo (roughly 800 subgun/200 sidearm), eyes and ears, sunscreen, refreshments.
Class sounds great except the subgun, and after the MP5 or go home comment, I'm sure as hell not going to get a USC for fear of the ridicule factor. I just got back from a tactical pistol class over the long weekend, and I had the chance to shoot this bad boy. Let's say that I'm hooked on full-auto (minus the cost to join the club).

So if anyone has one I can borrow for the class (until I can get my own), you can count me in. I might be able to round up a few more folks as well.

·
11,987 Posts
Although it is not *always* an option, loaners are frequently available.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
always ready

I'm in as always and know of a couple buddies who would love to attend and have personal access to either an UMP or MP5.

·
11,987 Posts
Pro has been really buried. I'm trying to line up a "vetted" instructor.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I would love to come but I have NO subgun. :(

21 - 40 of 40 Posts