HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and yes the cops came out after a few hundred rnds of .308.
shot great. it had rained recently and man the .308 just tills the soil near the backstop. the orange bouncing betty like target i use was flying 15' off the ground.

personally im more of a subgun guy but roy really enjoys the full bodied .308 round as you can see in the vid.

hunting land in the county near the city , etc. I always call them beforehand to give them a heads up but they felt the need to "show the neighbors" that they care. they were very reasonable and friendly and i acted the gentleman and wound down the shooting soon thereafter to keep from poking the sleeping bear with a stick.

one clip showing the 20 rnd mag with the two others being the 50 rnd drum. she ran flawlessly as always. great good.

https://picasaweb.google.com/rhoust...&authkey=Gv1sRgCM3QpZTO-LiLBA&feat=directlink

-hh

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Well there goes about $40-$60 in ammo. :eek:

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well there goes about $40-$60 in ammo. :eek:
yeah...no kidding. $20 per 50 rnd dump.
but hey...he's an out of state friend passing thru town and didnt get a chance to shoot that beast of a gun when up at the ghillie shoot with me a couple mo. ago....so i obliged

-hh

·
Registered
780 Posts
Can you post some pics of that weapon? I'm a pic whore, plus I always love seeing MM built products.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Absolutely awesome. I bet the cops loved it too. How can you NOT smile at a show like that :D !?!?!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Hey man, where's the vid of the D54KP-N RS you promised me? ;)

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey man, where's the vid of the D54KP-N RS you promised me? ;)
It's coming. I promise. Seems the last few times I've been out to shoot I've been alone (hard to video) or troubleshooting a new Uzi. Hah. No worries...it's a coming. I'm a show off so you can count on it!

On that particular day....I had 12 mags of 9mm pre-loaded for the MP5k and D54KP (rev stretch)....but alas, the cops called my cell and politely "asked me to tone it down/quit" Just after shooting the .308. Roy, my buddy, really wanted to blast the MM51 since he didnt get to at Ghillie's a while back....so we started with the .308.....and then sirens, lights, phone calls, etc after a few mag dumps. Hah. It pained me GREATLY to manually unload my 9mm mags that day. Next time I'll start off with 9mm and THEN nmove up to the deputy attracting .308. I have learned my lesson.

-HH

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
It's coming. I promise. Seems the last few times I've been out to shoot I've been alone (hard to video) or troubleshooting a new Uzi. Hah. No worries...it's a coming. I'm a show off so you can count on it!

On that particular day....I had 12 mags of 9mm pre-loaded for the MP5k and D54KP (rev stretch)....but alas, the cops called my cell and politely "asked me to tone it down/quit" Just after shooting the .308. Roy, my buddy, really wanted to blast the MM51 since he didnt get to at Ghillie's a while back....so we started with the .308.....and then sirens, lights, phone calls, etc after a few mag dumps. Hah. It pained me GREATLY to manually unload my 9mm mags that day. Next time I'll start off with 9mm and THEN nmove up to the deputy attracting .308. I have learned my lesson.

-HH
Get a couple cans for the subguns!!
Shoot the 51 last ..........:)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Get a couple cans for the subguns!!
Shoot the 51 last ..........:)
Good idea, always tend to pick up more visits from the police with the shorter/louder guns .... for some reason ;-).
A second use for the suppressors is when shooting later in the days and one does not wish to keep the neighbors up past bed time (8PM for some).

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
yeah...no kidding. $20 per 50 rnd dump.
but hey...he's an out of state friend passing thru town and didnt get a chance to shoot that beast of a gun when up at the ghillie shoot with me a couple mo. ago....so i obliged

-hh
Hey, I hear'ya. I understand entirely. I've let several of my friends to the same thing. But after my recent purchases of .308 ammo, I can no longer look at it without calculated the cost involved. Ouch!!!

Even when shooting the MP5, I know that each mag (25 rounds loaded) represents $5 if it's factory ammo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts