HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening fellas,

Who makes a good set of fiber optic "glow in the day" rear/front sight set for a full size USP.

I don't mind a set like the new Sport USP model, adjust rear w/ fiber optic front.

Looking for IPSC sight picture improvement.

Thanks for the help!
Jeff

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can buy them from HK. They sell the ones that go on the new guns like the Custom Combat or Combat and Competition. I have one on my Custom Combat and honestly, I don't like it. The front sight is wide and I don't like how they lined up the front fiber with the rear sight. I, and many others I know, shoot low with it when going fast.

The sight on my new 2011 Brazos Custom is very nice. Thin front sight and if you can see the dot you are on target. With the HK you can see the front dot above the rear sight and still be 8" low at 20 yards. It's better to just get a tactical black sight since you have to look at the posts and make sure they are level and not at the fiber sight.

·
Registered
96 Posts
TruGlo makes fiber sights.

Novak makes the front sight on the custom combat. They don't advertise it on their site, but if you call them they'll sell you one. You'll need an HK adjustable rear sight to go along with it.

I also found one here for a "UPS .40" LOL.

·
Registered
280 Posts
TruGlo makes front and rear fiber optics and fiber optics that are also glo in the dark. PSI makes fiber optic with an adjustable rear (go to AJAX grips).

·
Registered
143 Posts
We have the TFO sights on a Sig. My wife was shooting it the other day and the insert in the front sight shot out when the slide recoiled.... I liked them other than that. They are bright...like the person above said they may not be BEST for precision shooting but seem fine for USPSA Production.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As long as the front sight post isn't too wide, the accuracy deal shouldn't be an issue. They look like a good set for the money. midway for $56 or there abouts.

Cheers!
Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts