HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

filling out a Form 1 questions......

8K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  blackforesteins 
#1 · (Edited)
I apologize if this is a redundant thread. The other forums I use are not as knowledgeable or as friendly as you guys. I did a search and only came up with one thread. Can you guys please show me where to find step by step block by block instructions on filling out my form 1s. I just want to get it right the first time. I am SBring a HK UMP, BW94 and CA89k to start. Thank you very much, Colt

#3 · (Edited)
I think we need a good write up on how to fill out Form 1 and the requirements (duplicate forms, double sided, CLEO sig, inked fingerprint card, compliance form, etc.) posted as a sticky.

Anyone up to it?

Also, can anyone explain why BATFE wants inked fingerprints on their cards when almost all law enforcement agency use scanners and computers now?

If you need the compliance form you can print it from here: http://titleii.com/Forms.htm

#4 ·
Sorry,
But there's no way that we can assume the liability for telling folks the right or wrong way to fill out BATF forms. This thread is actually pretty borderline as to being HK-specific (which is a requirement for posting).

BATF rules are their own. Perhaps an inquiry to them would lead you to an answer? I've given up trying to figure out a lot of the stuff they do or require.

#6 · (Edited)
Sorry,
This thread is actually pretty borderline as to being HK-specific (which is a requirement for posting).
There is a HK UMP and a HDPS 8 inch barrel in the line up if that makes you feel better about the requirement for posting. (Ill edit)
UncleBilly, thank you for the info................

#5 · (Edited)
really the forms are not that complicated, and are self explinatory. But for those that have questions what goes in the blocks, this should help.

4a, you put the name and the location of the original manufaturer of the firearm, which is the receiver. This can be found right on the receiver itself, ie VECTOR ARMS, INC, NORTH SALT LAKE CITY UTAH.

4B: you put SBR there

4C, caliber goes there, it will be stamped on the receiver, ie 9x19mm, .223, 40 SW, etc..

4D, model:that will be stamped on the receiver, ie V53, CA89, etc..

length of barrel, and overall lengeth: you can measure those yourself, each will be different depending on the model. for OAL that is with the stock extended.

4G serial number: it's on the receiver

4h, that is if you want to engrave other markings on the thing, ie, your name

4i, I put collecting, target shooting, and all lawful purpose. you can use that, or put something else.

#9 ·
There's no reason to be sorry. Giving advice on filling out tax forms is right up there with offering legal advice... I agree that it would be helpful, it just wouldn't be prudent. This site does not offer professional advice and is not in a position to allow the sanction of such professional advice. Not even lawyers can agree on the right way to do things and we certainly don't carry the insurance that they do. If somebody followed advice that was officially or unofficially "blessed" by this site and was denied something because of that... all hell would bust loose. This is a litigious society and we just aren't in a position to be a good Samaritan.

I know that this sounds paranoid... There it is. We just cannot tell you to do XY & Z on a legal form, etc.

And I understand that it was couched in the term of asking a question about a specific HK item, which is why it was not deleted. I was pointing out how general the discussion is getting. I do hope folks understand.

G
#11 ·
Sorry first SBR go around here. I got my forms and am filling tem out for my hk clone.
Once they are filled out do you send them to the ATF distribution cneter or which address?

Is the Form1 supposed to redundant in two copies?

Last what pieces how many needto go back to the aft?

I ask this only becuase I got multiple other forms unrealted to SBR that I got mixed up. I just do not want to screw this up. PM me is anyone has a minute to help me out. Thank you Karl

#26 ·
FYI: I sent my two Form 1's in to SBR and divorce my sear from the MP5K receiver. Note: they will not accept it if it is on two separate pages. Use a copier to make it a single page AND they required that both have "original signatures"...this is the first that I've heard anyone requiring original sig's!

#12 · (Edited)
All forms 1 go to:

B.A.T.F.E
NFA Branch
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25401

2 form 1's ( with local LEA aproval) 1 picture on each form 1
2 citizen certificates
2 fingerprint cards
1 $200 usps money order or cert bank check

:26000000:

G
#13 ·
Thanks NEO it is helpful but different form the one that is on the paperwork which states a lock box in GA . I appreciate you giving me a hand just tripple checking before I send it off also can it be a personal check?

G
#15 ·
Can someone verify this.

Form1 remitance to
ATF P.o. box 409567
Atlanta GA 303384-9567

this is an adreess that came with FFL paperwork that I am filling out but I am sending the form1 in first. Really getting confused with the diffeent adresses. Thank you all for your paitence and help. I just need to know the address for the form1 Karl

G
#19 ·
Trauma whod a freakin thought great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was not the correct number but it gave me a place to start. I am going to post the information should anyone else be looking for it.

304-616-4500

B.A.T.F.E.
NFA Branch
244 Needy Road Suite 1250
Martinsburg, WV 25405.

Thank you for all whom resonded. Have great day> Karl

#20 ·
Guys just want to make sure everyone understands thatif you ask a question here you need to either belive in the info provided or call ATF directly I provided current Information if you then decide to doubt it just because some other member has doubts then this here Post is useless, also for those who are "PROS AT BATF" here why don't you answer the qustions instead of causing more doubt. :680:

Again if you ask something this is probaly the place to get an answer if you want to debate where to send or how to fill out your TAX forms go to a discussion forum ....

I am not mad it's just that people instead of helping out new guys create more confusion ...... specially if you have NOT actually done a transfer I have 13 of them !!!!! :1200000:

Just an FYI

G
#21 ·
My apologies if I created any ill will Neo. I am sure we all were at one point just starting out with this stuff. I just did not want to F&#k up. There we different addressesthat I was finding. Anyway I appreciate your candor and your help, as well as everyone elses . Be well. Karl

#29 ·
at a certain point, they figured out that the CLEO may have signed something which they believed to be, eg SBR, but the first page was substituted to be, eg AOW, MG or some such. In other words, there is no information on page 2 which reaffirms any of the information from page one.

#30 ·
Well, I'm glad at least this information is here as my previous posts were obviously not Heckler & Kochish enough to remain on the boards despite their roots in my H&K collection. Thanks for all the helpful information. It's too bad our overly litigious society instills such great fear, forcing so many to cling to security…an action that is equal and opposite of the pursuit of freedom.

Sorry about the off topic post but my thanks are sincere. See ya at the range!

G
#31 ·
Alrighty then. I have all the form1 information filled out finger prints taken pictures affixed. One last question from someone whom has done this. I only have one proof of citizenship form I filled it out. Everthing else is in duplicate do I need a second citiizenship form. Or..... can I Xerox the one I have. Ready to go Thanks all Karl

#34 ·
Who does the check get made out too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.