HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never shared the same fascination with the different 416 gas blocks for short barrels. I sold my 416 upper as soon as the MR556 came out, cut the MR to 11.625", and found it ran great with the stock 16" gas block with several combinations of buffers and springs in addition to the stock ones. Later, I found my 10.4" MR556 also ran fine with the stock 16" gas block. I figured, that last thing I'd want is the 10.4" unvented gas block and was pleasantly surprised when HK later came to the same realization and vented the 10.4". That said, I don't see the fascination with them either as I figure mine is overgassed anyway when suppressed and using the 16" gas block. Finally, I have a gas block to be excited about both unsuppressed and suppressed, see pic. Hoping for the best.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,703 Posts
Looks like an early model. I take it this is HK OEM?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
AFAIK, the Norwegians has problems with the earlier version of the agb as well as dictated lack of maintenance.

Welcome to 2008 Gas Blocks!
The current spec 416 do have front adjustable blocks. Who knows where and why these old type AGR were made, I presume part of that HK "Surplus Garage Sale".
Baljar, thanks for reminding me why I don't post much anymore. Stay classy!

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Did they tell you these were left over blocks from the 416C? I see all the pics online of real 416C's have sling loops, and these do not. The 416N's do not have sling loops on the block. If they are from the C, that's awesome! I see they just added 20 more of them back in stock.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Did they tell you these were left over blocks from the 416C? I see all the pics online of real 416C's have sling loops, and these do not. The 416N's do not have sling loops on the block. If they are from the C, that's awesome! I see they just added 20 more of them back in stock.
I don't think it's the same gas block as is in Oiconi's pic of the 416c. But unless we can get a shot of the right side we just won't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Ok, it's definitely not the "C" adjustable gas block, it is from the HK416N. HK416C gas blocks have no bayonet lugs, have sling loops, and have the "N" and "S" marks engraved on the block itself. The "N" blocks show for sale here have bayonet lugs and no sling loops just as the "N" was produced.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did they tell you these were left over blocks from the 416C?
Yes, although unfortunately it's not from the seller listed above as I paid quite a bit more and worse, is incomplete, missing pin, plunger, and spring. I thought I'd found the holy grail, at least for us chumps in the US, so I jumped on it. I've found pics of 416C gas blocks with bayonet lugs and no sling loops on the prototypes, but they also appear not to be adjustable, so you may be correct. I'm glad the valve on mine matches does appear to be the updated 416N type versus the original problematic 416N. That said, I'm not trying to build a 416C replica. I'm just looking to optimize performance both suppressed and unsuppressed, so hopefully it's not much more than machining a plunger and possibly adjusting the port sizes in the valve. Wish me luck. Coincidentally, I've been running a 416N handguard with adjustment hole and N/S markings for years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts