HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a refurb P7. Weapon is in beautiful shape, but I have some questions.

1. I can't seem to find any kind of date code inside or out. Where am I not looking?

2. When it comes to holsters, do I need to be P7 specific, or is the P7M8 close enough in size that I could use either?

3. My P7 only came with 1 mag. Where can I purchase some more?

4. The refurb of the slide left it an ugly plum color. I will definately be having this weapon refinished. Tripps hard chrome is beautiful, but I'm more interested in matte black. Robar seems to have a great rep on this forum, are there any other suggestions?

Thanks for your comments.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Congratulations on the P7 pick up! I too picked one up this year; it came with a holster that seems to fit the pistol, but I noticed it was marked P9s?

I think Robert @ RTG Parts had some advertised specifically for the P7PSPs.

www.robertrtg.com

Magazines can be found here on the Hk parts section of the forums.

For a refinish I would use Arizona Response Systems.

www.arizonaresponsesystems.com

He has an impressive gallery of refinished weapons on his site.

·
1,252 Posts
If you like black, I'd opt for Birdsong's Black-T finish, or Robar's Roguard.

The thing with holsters... most use the trigger guard to lock the gun into the holster, and the trigger guard is smaller on the PSP than it is on the M8... unfortunatley, the holsters are not compatible.

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
The date code is on the right side of the frame where the serial number is. It's a two letter code between the nitro proofmark and the stags horn marking. You can see it in the first picture which has the date code "ID"

http://www.hkpro.com/p7m8.htm

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on the new gun, as for refinishing my VP70Z is getting roguarded as we speak. So if you can wait till the fourth of next month I'll be posting lots of pictures that might help you make up your mind.

·
2,832 Posts
the early p7s that were inported recently dont have dates or date codes on them, I want to say 80-82-ish didnt have anything for date/code.

The date code is on the right side of the frame where the serial number is. It's a two letter code between the nitro proofmark and the stags horn marking. You can see it in the first picture which has the date code "ID"

http://www.hkpro.com/p7m8.htm

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you want a really cool holster contact Della at www.raftersgunleather. She has both P7 PSP and P7M8 dummies to mold your holster from. She carries a P7M8 and knows the difference. I had one made in Brown sharkskin with ostrich trim and a matching mag pouch. It's good quality for less than production cost.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you want a really cool holster contact Della at www.raftersgunleather. She has both P7 PSP and P7M8 dummies to mold your holster from. She carries a P7M8 and knows the difference. I had one made in Brown sharkskin with ostrich trim and a matching mag pouch. It's good quality for less than production cost.
Thanks for the Raftersgunleather tip. I looked around on the site and the work looks good and the prices seem reasonable.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Check out CCR refinishing. They have a good sale going. Check their advertisement out over on Sigforum, as long as some of their pictures.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My P7M13 is currently getting re-finished by Ionbond with the Diamond Black finish....I will let you know how it turns out....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts