HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my call yesterday that my SP5 had arrived at my gun club. Went down this morning to do the paperwork and run 100rds through it to aquatint myself with what is my first roller lock weapon system.

First impressions are that I’m absolutely in love with this gun. The felt recoil is so little compared to other weapons I’ve previously shot. In the short term I will have to work on shooting with the iron sights, as it’s simply a new weapon and learning the sight picture will come as I put more rounds through it.

I have the B&T low-profile mount that I’ll install but do have a question for those of you that are not new to this weapons system.

What are you running for a red/green dot that’s co-witnessed with the front sight? What height mount are you using? I’m open to Trijicon, EoTech or Holosun as options.

As you can see by the photos, I’m shooting low and left. So I’ll have to work on better centering then irons as I get more time in the range.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Awesome! I don't have any help to offer with your question but just wanted to say congrats. I have yet to shoot mine. Newborn is taking up much of my time currently haha. Hopefully get to the range soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Awesome and congrats on your SP5! I'm new to the SP5 and the delayed roller lock blowback as well, but love it!! I put a Holosun 510C red dot on mine (which I love), but it is not co-witnessed with the front sight as it sits a bit higher. I'm using the Midwest Industry top rail (mount) which is very similar to the B&T low profile mount. The good thing about the 510C, is that it has a quick release that makes removal and reattachment a breeze, just in case you wanted to use the iron sites. Congratulations again, and happy shooting!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Your lucky, they are mega hard to find.
even my dealer when I asked her, said there’s a very long,wait.
How can this be, did they only make 500 of them? Or are more being made?
Harder to find than the sp5K.

Will not pay over 26-2800.
I dislike the gougers, and sellers taking advantage of the market.
been looking and no one has any.

Reactions: flieger

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome and congrats on your SP5! I'm new to the SP5 and the delayed roller lock blowback as well, but love it!! I put a Holosun 510C red dot on mine (which I love), but it is not co-witnessed with the front sight as it sits a bit higher. I'm using the Midwest Industry top rail (mount) which is very similar to the B&T low profile mount. The good thing about the 510C, is that it has a quick release that makes removal and reattachment a breeze, just in case you wanted to use the iron sites. Congratulations again, and happy shooting!
I looked at the 510C today while at the club. Price is definitely right for what it is. I’m hoping though to be able to co-witness. Not sure if that’s possible with these based on how they are setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your lucky, they are mega hard to find.
even my dealer when I asked her, said there’s a very long,wait.
How can this be, did they only make 500 of them? Or are more being made?
Harder to find than the sp5K.

Will not pay over 26-2800.
I dislike the gougers, and sellers taking advantage of the market.
been looking and no one has any.
To be honest, I wasn’t keen about paying more than retail. However, I also didn’t want to chance them getting cut off on 20 Jan and missing a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Congrats.
Want one, have POF and won't pay stupid prices.
My POF does just fine but I'd trade it for an SP5 if I wasn't getting my head ripped off in the process.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So a few things have arrived as I await my BG check to come back. Was able to grab the rear drum sight and the low-profile mount. Hoping that I can bring the gun home tomorrow as it’s been 3 days since we submitted the paperwork.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OP,

Congrats! as to your question regarding an optic mount. I run an Aimpoint H1 in a ADM QD Micro mount attached to a B&T rail on my SP5. It’s a great set up but it does not allow for cowitness with the iron sights. The QD gives me the option for quick removal if I need to use the iron sights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OP,

Congrats! as to your question regarding an optic mount. I run an Aimpoint H1 in a ADM QD Micro mount attached to a B&T rail on my SP5. It’s a great set up but it does not allow for cowitness with the iron sights. The QD gives me the option for quick removal if I need to use the iron sights.
It appears that the mount I’ve purchased, while pretty low won’t provide me with the ability to Co-witness as I’d hoped. I seem to have found another mount that an Aimpoint T-2 will mount directly on top of that allows this to happen. I’ll have to find the post again and then find the specific mount.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
It appears that the mount I’ve purchased, while pretty low won’t provide me with the ability to Co-witness as I’d hoped. I seem to have found another mount that an Aimpoint T-2 will mount directly on top of that allows this to happen. I’ll have to find the post again and then find the specific mount.
So you're saying that the B&T 10266 won't co-witness with the Aimpoint T-2? I thought it did.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome pick up!!! I'm looking for this as well as the SP5K-PDW. I also do not have any experience with a roller lock system but have heard nothing but good things. Please keep us informed as you progress further into your build.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you're saying that the B&T 10266 won't co-witness with the Aimpoint T-2? I thought it did.
What I understand is that the B&T 10266 + the required mount to attach the Aimpoint T-2 causes it to no longer co-witness.

There is another mount from Battle Steel Direct that allows you to directly attach an Aimpoint T-2 without any other attaching mount. Supposedly that is the only method to co-witness. This mount appears to be almost exactly like the B&T minus the “rail”.

I’m sure there are those here that are far more versed in this then the guy who is just getting started. However I’ll also attach a link that I’ve been reading as reference.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats on your pickup. I went with the Trijicon MRO w/ Trijicon Low QR lever on the BT-10266 low mount. My Larue lower 1/3 mount is a better height but I didn’t like the taller look on the mount.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats on your pickup. I went with the Trijicon MRO w/ Trijicon Low QR lever on the BT-10266 low mount. My Larue lower 1/3 mount is a better height but I didn’t like the taller look on the mount.
Hey Bud, Anyway you can post a picture of your set-up? I'm thinking of going with your set-up or possibly swapping out the optic for the Aimpoint Acro.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here’s a pic with the MRO mounted (not dialed in) on a Trijicon Low QR lever mount and with the Larue lower 1/3 mount it shipped with and the dot positions on both. I prefer the look with the Trijicon but it’s personal preference.
I can’t give any feedback on the performance because I’ve yet to shoot it...long story.
Anyways, hope this helps you with the MRO optic options.
MRO on Trijicon low QR and Larue lower 1/3

1 - 20 of 27 Posts