HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a first timer on HKPRO forum, I am really excited to report that I am finally back to HK family with a newly acquired VP9. My first HK pistol was USP 45 Tactical that I had almost decade ago and it has serviced me very, very well. I recently purchased a VP9 after trying out at the local shooting range and instantly fell in love with this "almost perfect" pistol. After few range sessions with it, I couldn't resist a temptation to make some customization for my liking, such as stippling on grip, slide milling modification, trigger mod and such. So I stripped the gun apart and sent parts to various different professionals throughout the country to begin making my "perfect" pistol.

Are there members here can share their knowledge and information about different modification on this pistol? Don't get me wrong, stock VP9 is nothing but fantastic, but I'd like to hear from experienced pros on this forum on how to make this gun even "better" and personalized.

Here is my first mod that nicely coming along- Grip Stippling.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another mod that can't wait to put it back together - Mirror polished HK factory barrel.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I tried to smooth out my disconnector/trigger bar and trigger bar/firing pin block interfaces a little, but had no real success. I'm terrified to go very aggressive on it and also don't have very good tools. Pretty much just a file and some sandpaper. Now that I have other pistols I might take it to a smith and see if he can do it for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to smooth out my disconnector/trigger bar and trigger bar/firing pin block interfaces a little, but had no real success. I'm terrified to go very aggressive on it and also don't have very good tools. Pretty much just a file and some sandpaper. Now that I have other pistols I might take it to a smith and see if he can do it for a reasonable price.
I hear ya..HK pistols are WAY different animals than say, Glocks in terms of stripping. Definitely take it to competent gunsmith.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I keep my guns pretty much stock, but will be interested to see what you do to yours!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Besides FO comp sights, I haven't done much cosmetic work to mine. I'm very interesting in stippling work, just haven't pulled the trigger cuz there's no going back after. I have done extensive trigger work tho. Trigger pull is very smooth and breaks under 3.5lbs.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The stippling under the trigger guard looks good, but won't that chew up your fingers? I thought that looked a little different than the stock vomit-color FDE.

·
Registered
417 Posts
....After few range sessions with it, I couldn't resist a temptation to make some customization for my liking, such as stippling on grip, slide milling modification, trigger mod and such. So I stripped the gun apart and sent parts to various different professionals throughout the country to begin making my "perfect" pistol...
Can you please identify the professionals? The work looks really great. I'm considering stippling my VP9, as well, but my go-to stipple company (Danger Close Armament) doesn't do VP9s.

Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts