HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a really nice HK 93 today for $1,795. Correct color (blue/grey) dated IC, with one mag no scope mount marks or noticble blemishes and bore is real nice. Now how canI tell if it has a 1/7 twist? Also is this a good price, it came with a plastic (navy) and a correct steel lower? Thanks :80:

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I picked up a really nice HK 93 today for $1,795. Correct color (blue/grey) dated IC, with one mag no scope mount marks or noticble blemishes and bore is real nice. Now how canI tell if it has a 1/7 twist? Also is this a good price, it came with a plastic (navy) and a correct steel lower? Thanks :80:
Congradulations! That's a VERY good price! It is not a 1/7 twist gun. The 93 did not come with 1/7 twist till the late 80's. "II" (1988) was the first year I think. The barrels are clearly marked with a "178" under the forearm. The steel blue/grey lower is the correct lower for that rifle. Again, the price was a steal, you should be very happy!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking for a 91 but could not find a nice one in my price range so I stepped down to a 93. I will shoot this a few times and see how I like it, if I am not a big fan of it I will trade it and some cash and toward a 91. I Have the FMP xg3s to hold me over for now.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I was looking for a 91 but could not find a nice one in my price range so I stepped down to a 93. I will shoot this a few times and see how I like it, if I am not a big fan of it I will trade it and some cash and toward a 91. I Have the FMP xg3s to hold me over for now.
Hold up a sec... 93's are actually on avg $200-$400 MORE than 91's. If your 93 was a 1/7 twist, it would be worth maybe $400-$700 more. Average 91's are worth on avg lets say $2000 and your 93 let's say $2300 (assuming 95%+ condition). So you definitely made out at $1800.

Now... the important stuff... where are the pics!?!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
you can't get a 91 down by me in that price range. I looked at a 91 and it was $2400 and the guy would not budge there was another 91 it was unfired for $3200.

I am not allowed to post pics. it says you may not post attachments in my posting rules

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
You can use a free service like Photobucket.com to host your photos.

I sending you PM... check in a few minutes.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I never could reach the cocking lever on the HK91!

I never could reach the cocking lever on the HK91!! I don't know if the 93 is a bit better. I'm small statured and my arms aren't long.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I never could reach the cocking lever on the HK91!! I don't know if the 93 is a bit better. I'm small statured and my arms aren't long.
I dont think any of the roller-lock log guns were really designed to be cocked from the firing postion, at least not without a bit of "reach" from the shooter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts