HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it. I went in today and put a USPc 9 V1 on layaway after lusting for one for years. A few months back, I purchased a P2000, another gun I've always wanted. The P2000 went on sale at my local FFL and I pounced. I had been procrastinating over the USP because of the price, but watching episodes of 24 on FireTV finally pushed me over the edge lol.

I plan to buy the FPBS for the light LEM P2000 for my V3. How about for the USP? Is the TRS from the light LEM worth it? Match hammer springs for both? HK45c mag release levers are on the agenda as well.

I'm also not a fan of bobbed hammers and plan to swap that part out right away on the USPc. Is this the correct replacement? https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1256&idcategory=347

Anyone have other recommended sources for parts?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Out of curiousity, did you see the big thread on $549 NIB USPc 9's from Europe with the LEM trigger?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Have two FS USP guns (Tactical & Elite).
Both came with Hk's outstanding Match DA/SA trigger.
I'm a LEM guy though and converted both to Match LEM Hybrid.
Either way, Hk Match triggers are well worth the money :biggrin:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Out of curiousity, did you see the big thread on $549 NIB USPc 9's from Europe with the LEM trigger?
I did, but due to the draconian laws here in CA, the only way I can get an LEM equipped USPc 9 here is to buy the parts and install them myself, or have them installed. The LEM version of the USPc 9 is not on our "roster of approved firearms," though the .40 version is, go figure. Otherwise I would have jumped on that deal.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Just bought my first two ... the Classic deal on the LE contract USP 9 Compacts. And...picked up a quality horsehide leather holster for it from a member selling it here. I can tell this forum is not going to be good for my bank account. :wink:

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Just bought my first two ... the Classic deal on the LE contract USP 9 Compacts. And...picked up a quality horsehide leather holster for it from a member selling it here. I can tell this forum is not going to be good for my bank account. :wink:
First 2 compacts or first 2 USP series guns?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I plan to buy the FPBS for the light LEM P2000 for my V3.
Why? Your P2000 already comes with the Light FPBS from factory. All of them do.

How about for the USP? Is the TRS from the light LEM worth it?
The stock FPBS is the same weight as the Light FPBS. You will just be buying a spare. You won't need the Light LEM either. Stick with stock.

Match hammer springs for both?
Yup. But why?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Congrats!! I have no doubt you will love it.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Congrats on your new USP Compact 9mm. Love mine! You're gonna live it!
Went with spur hammer, V9 conversion, HK45 Magazine release, Trijicon Green night sights, and DecalGrip ... just right

=)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Why? Your P2000 already comes with the Light FPBS from factory. All of them do.

The stock FPBS is the same weight as the Light FPBS. You will just be buying a spare. You won't need the Light LEM either. Stick with stock.

Yup. But why?
Hello TooSixy, your FB is always appreciated. I was looking at the LEM spring reference chart, and unless I'm mistaken, or missed something, I believe the FPBS in my P2K V3 is the 209962 spring, and the light LEM is the 209296?

For the USP I was speaking of the TRS. If I'm reading the chart correctly, my V1 comes with spring 214164, and the light LEM version is the 209266.

As far as the hammer springs goes, I just like a lighter DA trigger pull. I've been a diehard Beretta 92 fan over the years and put the Beretta OEM "D" spring in all my 92's. The feel in the SA pull is negligile, but the DA pull drops from 12lbs to between 8 and 9 lbs for DA. Trying to accomlish the same type of DA trigger pull in my HK's.

That being said, the spring rate difference between the Beretta "D" spring and standard spring is about 4lbs if memory serves. The difference in the hammer spring that comes standard on the USP V1 and P2k V3 and the "match" spring is only a 1 lb difference if I'm reading correctly, so I'm wondering if it's enough of a difference to even bother.

Also, is there any difference in the different colored hammer springs? From what I've read, current P2K V3 and USP V1 pistols come with the same hammer spring from the factory. The spring in my USP is blue, while that in my P2k is red? They run out of blue paint that day maybe?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Hello TooSixy, your FB is always appreciated. I was looking at the LEM spring reference chart, and unless I'm mistaken, or missed something, I believe the FPBS in my P2K V3 is the 209962 spring, and the light LEM is the 209296?

For the USP I was speaking of the TRS. If I'm reading the chart correctly, my V1 comes with spring 214164, and the light LEM version is the 209266.

As far as the hammer springs goes, I just like a lighter DA trigger pull. I've been a diehard Beretta 92 fan over the years and put the Beretta OEM "D" spring in all my 92's. The feel in the SA pull is negligile, but the DA pull drops from 12lbs to between 8 and 9 lbs for DA. Trying to accomlish the same type of DA trigger pull in my HK's.

That being said, the spring rate difference between the Beretta "D" spring and standard spring is about 4lbs if memory serves. The difference in the hammer spring that comes standard on the USP V1 and P2k V3 and the "match" spring is only a 1 lb difference if I'm reading correctly, so I'm wondering if it's enough of a difference to even bother.

Also, is there any difference in the different colored hammer springs? From what I've read, current P2K V3 and USP V1 pistols come with the same hammer spring from the factory. The spring in my USP is blue, while that in my P2k is red? They run out of blue paint that day maybe?
I have read conflicting reports about what FPBS comes standard in the latest P2000 models (2015-2016 - BF to BG). Two members have reported that theirs came with the Light FPBS and the date codes were BG=2016. I have an AG and a BC that came with the Heavy LEM FPBS. What date code is yours?

The 214164 and 209266 have similar trigger pull weight; the latter one just has more tensile strength.

The Blue spring is 214300, which is the 12-lb spring. I know there are a few reports of the P2000 Red spring but I have not seen one in person so it would help to obtain one and use a Lyman gauge to measure the pull weight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I have read conflicting reports about what FPBS comes standard in the latest P2000 models (2015-2016 - BF to BG). Two members have reported that theirs came with the Light FPBS and the date codes were BG=2016. I have an AG and a BC that came with the Heavy LEM FPBS. What date code is yours?

The 214164 and 209266 have similar trigger pull weight; the latter one just has more tensile strength.

The Blue spring is 214300, which is the 12-lb spring. I know there are a few reports of the P2000 Red spring but I have not seen one in person so it would help to obtain one and use a Lyman gauge to measure the pull weight.
Both my HK's are BG date codes. That's interesting about the different springs. Seems like HK has no rhyme or reason for using different springs at any given time, unless it was a mistake at the factory, or they were out of one type of spring and figured that the average Joe Blow/non-entuhsiast gunner owner will never know the difference. I don't have the USP on me as it is on layaway, and unfortunately, I don't have a lyman trigger pull gauge. Subjectively, one thing I noticed off the bat when handling the USP is that the DA trigger pull felt lighter than that of my P2K. Again, that could be just my subjective feel, or perhaps the trigger "geometry" between the two is slightly different as I've read from many that own both that they prefer the DA/SA trigger of the USP to that of the P2K.

At any rate, I will be ordering these parts eventually, and if I find any differences between what I ordered, what's in the gun, and what's listed on the spring chart, I will definitely post.

In your opinion, is it worth it to upgrade to the mag release from the HK45c? I recall reading on the HK parts website that while it is a popular upgrade, it isn't one that's approved by the factory. I called HKCS and asked about this, and they told me that while the part is compatible with the USPc and P2K, they have heard from those that have made the upgrade that there have been instances of dropped mags during live fire because of the larger paddles inadvertently being actuated during fire. Have you or anyone else experienced this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts