HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:100000: $500 out the door, came with everything it does new (including casing). The build date was something 03, and the gun appears to have well under 1000 rounds.....

...with PS90 in background

Next up is a USC-UMP conversion...After all of this time, I think I finally got bit by the HK bug!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on getting your first H&K it won't be your last :D. $500 is a steal especially since the gun looks to be in great condition.

·
Registered
239 Posts
45 compact, that's a great weapon! Just picked up a USP 45 myself in full size. I'm sorry I waited this long. I owned a 40 compact and then a full size before it. Congrats, welcome aboard. Now take it and shoot the heck out of it and then let us know what you think, I'd just take the knife out of the trigger guard first. With the right lighting, I just caught the tiger stripe camo on your SOG, that's a cool finish.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The bourbon is especially nice also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Compact

$500.00 out the door, I would of jumped on that for sure. I've gotta admit the USP.45 Compact is the one gun, that I want to follow me home, but the cost. I'll wait on the HK.45 to come out.

Congrats, on the price that you paid for your HK, I've never seen them that low before.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
What a great price on such a wonderful weapon!!! Welcomne to the world of HK!!! You will find that weapon a valueable piece in your arsonel.

Happy & Safe Shooting!!! TJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took it shooting and at 7 yards I am 4-6"s low and to the left every time, 4" 5 shot groupings. I pick up my little glock 26, dead center every shot, 1" 5 shot groupings.

I really have to get used to this gun, as I might be using too much finger (the glock has a much heavier trigger). Also, the stock sights absolutely suck. I'm honestly kind of disappointed, it felt so comfortable. I know these are user issues, and eventually they will get straightened out. :37:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't exactly get as good a deal on my first HK as you did, but I'm still fairly excited about the purchase. Actually still waiting to pick it up and take it to the range due to the 10 cool off period (which seems like for ever).

On another note, it seems almost blasphemous for me to mention that I have a Glock, but well I do and we've gotten to know each other pretty well. And from the sounds of it, I wonder if I might soon be going through the motions of getting to know my new HK on a more intimate just as you are. Either way I'm looking forward to the one on one time with my HK. :4000:

·
Registered
622 Posts
I took it shooting and at 7 yards I am 4-6"s low and to the left every time, 4" 5 shot groupings. I pick up my little glock 26, dead center every shot, 1" 5 shot groupings.

I really have to get used to this gun, as I might be using too much finger (the glock has a much heavier trigger). Also, the stock sights absolutely suck. I'm honestly kind of disappointed, it felt so comfortable. I know these are user issues, and eventually they will get straightened out. :37:
Hey, I have posted this before - When I first got my USPc 9mm, I had the same problem. I finally benched the gun on sandbags and found itw as dead on. Itw as just me. And, I didn't have this problem with a fullsize USP.

I practiced adjusting where I put my finger on the trigegr, and I also put 1 finger under the trigger guard with my support hand and push up a bit. After 800 rounds or so, I finally got over the shooting low problem.

When I let others try the gun, they generally shoot low too. This was one gun I had to practice with to get good with it. But, I made progress on each trip - it wasn'ty like it was hopeless or that the gun was off. It was the user.

I have 2500 rounds thru it now in a years time, and I am a lot better with it.

So, keep at it.

And, also, come check out the FN Forum since U have that PS90 (I love my PS90). WWW.FNFORUM.NET

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
That's a really good price for a Compact 45. Congrats and thanks for sharing pics! I really like the one with the PS90 in the back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome!

Shipwreck, I am already a member over there, just have been busy with other guns lately! (picked up 5 ar's in the past month) I really did dislike the factory sites on the HK, so I had trijicon tritiums put on today, and will go back and try them this weekend. (although I'm sure it's my form, I just feel that it needed night sights :150000: ) The stock sights were just, well, hard to line up,not sure why.

Now I have to find a decent holster for it for CCW, although I'll probably just stick with the glock 26 do to size. Also, when is lasermax going to make internal lasers for HK? I have one on the glock and love it, wouldn't think twice if they came out with one for the usp!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gave the HK a second chance today at the range, fired a couple hundred rounds from 5-15 yards with the new trijicon sites.

WHAT A SWEET SHOOTING GUN!!!!!!! Although I feel that this is too big for my CCW, it is without A DOUBT my new home defense gun. This thing is just dead nuts accurate with no recoil! I am just overly impressed and can't believe that I was ready to put this up for sale without a giving it a second chance. My groupings throughout the 5-15 yards were under 2" 8 shot groups. It's just an impressively easy gun to shoot, and also allows for unbelievably easy follow up shots.

Also, another semi-important event took place...my girlfriend, who has now fired THOUSANDS of rounds through other handguns (mainly my glock 26) and couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, can EASILY get 3-5" groupings right on target, firing pretty rapidly! I actually found a gun in which she can shoot accurately :350: . Finally a handgun in which she also ENJOYS shooting! I'm surprised that it came in the form of a .45, but none the less, it has happened.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts