HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally picked it up, it's been a long wait. Now that I have it is there anything I should know about taking care of it? Anything in particular I should keep oiled such as the O-Ring? Even though its from 1999 it's still rather pristine and I would like to keep it that way.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's a beauty! After I'm done shooting mine I just clean the bbl, then get my plastic toothbrush and knock off the power res around the end of the bbl then lovingly caress the rest of the slide and frame until it's baby smooth again. This does sound perverted, right? :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I can tell you that the case is original. I bought my HK Tactical in 1999 and that is the very case it came in. Good luck. I do suggest keeping the O-Ring lubricated so it does not dry out. You may also wish to buy a thread protector.

CB

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Nice score yoyomaster! I just picked mine up this weekend. Not to steal your thunder, but here comes mine!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Would love to, thanks for the offer...but I'm in Oregon.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Looks like it's contagious! Lotta these things getting sold/bought around here lately... nice that it came with the tac case too! Beautiful weapon

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's a beauty! After I'm done shooting mine I just clean the bbl, then get my plastic toothbrush and knock off the power res around the end of the bbl then lovingly caress the rest of the slide and frame until it's baby smooth again. This does sound perverted, right? :wink:
sounds perfectly normal to me ;)

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Nice tactical! Yours and Rocket's make me want to get one for myself. I've been on the fence about the .45 tactical for so long maybe it's now time to jump on one.
Congrats to both of you!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh my god! I just put 100 rounds through it after work and it is everything I ever dreamed of. I competed on the rifle team in college but haven't done much pistol shooting and have always wished my pistol shooting was better. My first target with the USP was a group like I have always wanted to do with a pistol. I even made the guy next to me feel inadequate since my target was about 15 feet farther than anyone elses so he then felt a need to push his all the way back. If this is my starting point with this gun I can't wait to see how I do after a year or so of regular practice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That thing is cool. I wish mine came with the bag. My FNP-tactical 45 did. Great pictures.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts