HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been doing some upgrading since just before Christmas. I'd consider them to be pretty much my essentials. Here's what all I've done:

HK Parts Enhanced Slide Cap (Black)
HK Parts Support Sleeve (Red)
HK Parts Ultra-Match Spring Set (Not pictured below)
Lobos Industries VP9 Type 1 Trigger (Graphite w/ Red shoe)
Trijicon HD Hi-Viz Night Sights (holy crap the rear sight is all kinds of sharp!)

0u3haVT.jpg
F9LrBjF.jpg
bjJbXbx.jpg
Ze8MwhE.jpg

And of course I had to have a nice holster to go with her, so here's one of my own design:
eZaWwy2.jpg

She shoots amazing so far, I'll have a range report up this afternoon with the new trigger in (I just installed it a few minutes ago).

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
How does the trigger and spring combination feel? I'm going to order one as soon as they're in stock again.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Truly outstanding - and thank you for sharing!

Would also recommend the reduced reset action package with nickel-Teflon internals from Rick Holm at Lazy Wolf Guns (bet that would be incredible with the Lobos trigger) and also a Surefire X300 Ultra light, which will also reduce the recoil significantly because of the additional weight.

That HKPARTS slide cap really makes for a sharp and unobstructed sight picture by eliminating the firing pin channel sticking out at you. Great addition.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very nice! I don't have the slide cap or support sleeve upgrades yet, but I think it's going to happen after seeing this.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Hate to be the party pooper.
But I totally love my OEM VP9.
Highly recommend anyone get 1000+ rounds on the clock before even considering modifications (sans sights).

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Awesome !!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hate to be the party pooper.
But I totally love my OEM VP9.
Highly recommend anyone get 1000+ rounds on the clock before even considering modifications (sans sights).
I work at a gun range here in Phoenix, as an instructor and RSO. When we got our VP9 rental, I was fortunate enough to put the first few hundred rounds through her. A little over a year later, she's had well over 3000 rounds. As much as I enjoyed the broken in model, my personal VP9 is that much sweeter. I put 300 rounds through her tonight, 2 boxes each of 115 gr PMC Bronze, 124 gr Aguila, and 140 gr Sellier & Bellot subsonics. Not a single hiccup, even with my old P30 magazines. The new trigger takes some getting used to, of course, but that's the same with any other modifications on other guns. I'm in love :) next step, she's off to the smith for an RMR cut and cerakote.

Appreciate your input though!

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
that is a good looking shooter, I really like the red accent the trigger gives..

but one question

Ok, the trigger and reset work I fully understand. but what does the slide cover, and channel insert do that the OEM parts don't?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I have the Lobis trigger and match spring kit but I hate the reset

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that is a good looking shooter, I really like the red accent the trigger gives..

but one question

Ok, the trigger and reset work I fully understand. but what does the slide cover, and channel insert do that the OEM parts don't?
The slide cover removes the striker viewing hole and fills some of the spaces left by the factory cover, limiting places where crud can get into the pistol (if you've seen the original MAC torture test, he was able to get quite a bit of crap built up in the gaps back there). The channel insert replaces the softer plastic OEM sleeve, which I've seen get damaged over time, either from disassembly or wear. Plus I think the red accent is a nice subtle look. And it's not like some of the Glock/S&W addons that cost an arm and a leg, I think I paid less than $75 for those two bits and the match spring set altogether.

New trigger shoots great, the only downside is the match trigger return spring is non-compatible. Something with the reduced weight doesn't allow the gun to reset properly. It's got a hang right before the rest point, it kinda stalls out, then the reset itself is this big POP forward, it's pretty aggressive. So for the time being, and at Lobos' recommendation, I put the factory TRS back in and it fixed the issue immediately. From what I gathered, he's researching the issue and trying to sort a fix. But I'm still a happy camper; those springs were less than $30 and I still have the sear spring which works just fine. It's an eye catcher, for sure, I had lots of questions about it today at work. I kept a 10 shot group at 10 yards off hand under the size of a playing card, which is saying something considering my skill level. I'll take pictures and video the next time I'm at work and have time to use the range.

Thanks for all the compliments folks, I'm very happy with her!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice job! I don't care for the OEM slide cover so I see an upgrade in its future along with a metal striker channel.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts