HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit with pictures:

After over a month I finally picked up my USPf yesterday. The gun is dated 2000 and it seems to have very minimal wear, except for the extractor, which the coating is coming off exposing an orange rust like color.

I don’t believe it is rust because it's not spotty like rust, can anyone tell me what this means? Also, can I remove the extractor to polish the rest of the coating off to have it all one color?

Furthermore, where can I get spare parts for my USP and what would you guys recommend replacing? I would like replace the moving parts (or at least have them handy) when I'm ready to get it back to a like new gun functionality.

thanks,

-josh

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Do you know anything about the history of the gun? Was it a duty/carry gun or a safe queen? About how many rounds through it? Standard or high pressure (+P or +P+)?

Unless it is defective or has had an unusually tough life, you shouldn't need to replace any parts until well after 20k rounds. Some have even claimed to have fired over a 100k rounds without replacements.

If you really want to bring it back to that LNIB status, you could send it back to HK for an overhaul. Your best bet for finding most parts is right here in the WTS section, or places like CDNN.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The change in the finish/color of the extractor on the USP variants is very common and as far as I have seen, will happen eventually if the pistol gets any real use at all. I've heard/read several theories but it just appears that the extractor is too hard to hold the finish and it wears off from use/cleaning etc. It's not a functional problem. If it really bothers you how it looks, yes, you can remove the extractor by taking off the slide and driving out the retaining (roll pin) from underneath. After you perform your surgery on the extractor (or swap out), replace and reinsert the pin from the same direction so the exposed surface isn't damaged and/or the chance of peening the edge into the top of the slide is eliminated. I have spare extractors, firing pins and springs, and a recoil assembly for my USP's but it's just been a waste of money as with thousands of rounds fired, I haven't had any parts failures. As mentioned, the WTS boards, CDNN, HK Customer Service, HK Partsonline, Numrich, the usual suspects.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is it possible he is already a member of the "purple" extractor club with this buy? Mine faded on my 40 compact USP in just about 2 years, the slide was hard chromed at Tripp's to make it two-tone silver over black and all is well now. HK USPs are top notch weapons, the more you browse this site, the more you will learn. It has a wealth of information and one of the best group of guys and gals anywhere on the net. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask, so let 'em rip and we'll chime in if we know the answer. Numrich Gun Parts Corp has some spare parts as might Brownell's, I wouldn't really worry about it though until a problem arises, they're well built tough as nails fighting machines!

:14000000:

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Hi, I am also in the market for a USP. Can you please tell me what the the USP "F" is, I have never seen one. Thanks
While I don't think that the "F" or "FS" is part of HKs naming convention, it is often used along with "C" or "CT" to differentiate between the full size USP and the USP compact.

·
Registered
851 Posts
While I don't think that the "F" or "FS" is part of HKs naming convention, it is often used along with "C" or "CT" to differentiate between the full size USP and the USP compact.
USPf = USP Full
USPfs = USP Full Size (or if you like, USP For Sale :D)

Same animals above, just slightly different references

USPc = USP Compact
USP CT = USP Compact Tactical

Completely different guns. Both are Compact, but the CT has a threaded barrel with O-ring, match trigger, adjustable tall sights or Novaks. CT is an offical HK designation. All the other monikers above are enthusiast/collector references.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The SD refers to suppressed the USP9 SD is set up with a threaded barrel and tall adjustable sights from the factory to be used with a suppressor, hope that helps

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
USPF = Full size
USP = also considered as full size
USPSS = Stainless Slide or Stainless Steel
USPCS= Custom Sport
USPCC = Custom Combat
USPC = Compact
USPCT = Compact Tactical
USPSD = "9mm Tactical", with threaded barrel without the O-ring.

So "USP9 CS SS" would be Full size 9mm USP Custom Sport with Stainless steel slide and "USP9CC/SS/OD" would be 9mm USP custom Combat with od colored frame and stainless slide :D .

Makes perfect sense doesn´t it:720: ...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Miku,
I have never seen a USPf 9mm with the custom combat package(colored frame& upgraded sights).
Anyone know if there is such an animal??? If they exist I'm in line!!!:)

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Hi,

I just wrote that description out of a hat, so to peak.
I don´t have the knowledge about the calibers that are available on Custom Combat, I just used it as an example. We don´t have them here in Finland and I have not studied that line of USP´s.

I didn´t find anything about the CC in cal. 9mm either. I think it doesnt exist in stores but it can be made. All you need is a CC in .40SW and a regular USP9. By swapping the sights from the .40S&W to the 9mm slide (if they fit on 9mm, otherwise buy them) you have the CC9mm upper. Then just put the 9mm slide to the coloured .40 frame. The frames are the same on both .40 and 9mm.
I´m not sure about what the US laws say about it, here it can be done.

Miku

1 - 14 of 14 Posts