HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally received my NIB Hk45CT today. It is awesome, has a BB date code. I am very excited, but now I have to go to work....Pics later!

A little bit ago I was looking over my new US made Hk45CT and I have some comments. The finish on the slide and slide releases are better than I have ever seen. However, I noticed that there are gouges in three of the picitinny rail teeth and the rear site doesn't appear to have any finish on it as it looks like ithas been used for years. The green glows great though. On one hand I love the gun the way it is but on the other hand I paid $1200.00+ on the gun that should be new condition and show it as well.

Has anyone else have any flaws on your US made Hk45/Hk45C pistols?

My camera needs to be charged so pics later.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Congrats, no go shoot it

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
all my pistols have Mepros on them but I have yet to see a set that didn't look like it had a few miles on it. how bad are the gouges on the rail?

glad to see you finally got another HK45c. your picture (avatar) has to be one of my favorite!

·
Registered
205 Posts
All my meps that I have look like crap also, especially the one set that I ordered from cdnn and those came in an original HK zip bag. I have one set of novaks which are show room quality, that's my range gun. The meps are built to be used and abused.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
As others have said, the sight sounds normal. I've never seen a factory HK pistol sight that looked like a new car. The gouges though, that could be a returnable issue.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Yeah, Meps are like that, but they are big and bright. Trijicon sights are much better quality, but the dots are smaller.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm guessing that it was damaged by a magazine when the distributor took it out to check in the SN, or in transit with a magazine rubbing against the Pic rail caused scratches. I'd guess that it should be fine, and not noticeable if you mount a light on there. However, that is a little annoying, but I'm thinking that they way HK CS responded in the CS thread, is the reason--damage after it left the Mothership.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
If I were you, I'd send that gun right back to the dealer. No WAY I'd accept it with those gouges like that, and you shouldn't either.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Oh, and as far as the rear sight goes, I think they are packaged in bulk from Mepro, and they rub and scratch each other in shipment. I don't care about the sights as much as they will eventually replaced and are not a permanent part of the pistol.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Apollo11. I was very annoyed (no scratch that, I was heart broken) when I saw it at first and I do not blame Hk. It is an expensive firearm, yes but I figure it is unique to me and is only noticeable if you look right at it anyway. Yes I am looking for something to mount such as TLR-4 or something. I have decided to live with it and enjoy it. I am really impressed with the finish on the slide releases and the slide of the US made units.
Once I can get the 35mm up and running (dead battery) I will take some awesome pics of her and post.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
GPD45- Saw the pics and I feel for you. That doesn't look right and it should not have been on a top-of-the-line gun like the HK45C. I hope HK will make it right.
With regards to the Meps, if you have a blue pen, you can fix those blemishes real quick.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey TooSixy. I appreciate the advice but I believe that I have decided to leave it as is as it is unique to me.

BTW, I know alot of members and Hk fans have a disliking for the original black plastic cases the pistols were shipped in but the new version, which is what mine came in, appears to be very sturdy and solid. I like it alot.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
BTW, I know alot of members and Hk fans have a disliking for the original black plastic cases the pistols were shipped in but the new version, which is what mine came in, appears to be very sturdy and solid. I like it alot.
+1. They're rounder at the corners and more sturdy. Both the HK45 and HK45C cases.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If I were you, I'd send that gun right back to the dealer. No WAY I'd accept it with those gouges like that, and you shouldn't either.
Agreed.

The f*cked up 1913 rails just don't cut it, send it back.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would return that in a heartbeat. That's just not acceptable. You paid for a new gun that should have come in new condition. 1200 bucks isn't exactly chump change. Hell, even if the gun were 400 bucks, I'd still be inclined to return it.

It is one thing if the owner goofed and put gouges there by him/herself. It's quite another thing to receive a new firearm in said condition.

·
Registered
904 Posts
+1. They're rounder at the corners and more sturdy. Both the HK45 and HK45C cases.
This may be true but I still hate the black cases, they stuff all that junk in there unsecured always falling all over when ya open it. I gotta say that Springfield puts together a really nice package with their XDm's. Very well organized and secure.

OP get yourself one of those Blackhawk cases discussed in this thread. http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152334

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
737 Posts
Looks like someone installed an X300 and used force to remove it...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts