HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept going back and forth over to carry a USP 40c with 13rd or carry my USP 45c with 9rd. Last year I put night sights on my USP 45 Tactical and ordered a Galco concealable belt holster but never used it. So I put my LEM in my USP 45 Tactical and now I have the best of both worlds my favorite caliber to shoot and 13rds. Also ordered two boxes of Ranger T series to start carrying.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Good to hear. Make sure you run though a couple boxes of your carry ammo. There are a couple reasons to do this, the first is to obviously make sure your gun eats it reliably and the other is to make sure your POI is the same or that you compensate accordingly from your range/practice ammo. There is usually a difference with the hot stuff.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Good to hear. Make sure you run though a couple boxes of your carry ammo. There are a couple reasons to do this, the first is to obviously make sure your gun eats it reliably and the other is to make sure your POI is the same or that you compensate accordingly from your range/practice ammo. There is usually a difference with the hot stuff.

Yup, well said. Try a few different carry loads and see which one performs best with your pistol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been carrying Remington golden sabers for years in 40 and 45 and they have been in my tactical for years next to my bed. May stick with them on concerns the Ranger T series could be argued in court as excessive use of force.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I chose P2000SK in 9mm to carry. .40SW is hard to control for such small package.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have tried just about every carry gun under the sun over the last bunch of years and I have finally found what I think is the perfect balance.

P7M8 inside the waist band. I picked one up locally that was very reasonably priced that already had a little holster wear on it, so I am not going to mark up a mint gun.

·
Registered
90 Posts
lucky you, not everyone can afford P7M8

·
Registered
263 Posts
lucky you, not everyone can afford P7M8
I wouldn't carry one if I owned one anyway. The great thing .40 has going for it is the cheap price of some premium hollow point over runs.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I don't have a .45 HK of any kind, yet, but I keep 230gr Ranger T +p in my night stand gun (P220 Carry + 10rd mag (2 back-ups) + TLR-1)...the gun runs great with the +p T's. Ranger T 127gr +p+ is my carry ammo in both my P30 and sk. As far as not going with the T due to the excessive force argument, I've heard people say the same thing about carrying LEM's due to being intended for law enforcement, or converting from V2 to V1 (P Series), or hi-cap mags/hi-cap back-up mags (i.e. sk with a P30 mag as a reload)...I'm no attorney or expert on legalities of a shooting, but I think "they" will try to say anything outside of a stock pistol is "excessive force". I would hope that if whatever you choose is made available to the public by reputable manufacturers/retailers, etc., then it will all come down to justifiable or not...prob created another thread here, but I love Ranger ammo and will continue to carry/buy as long as it is made available to the public to purchase.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well said BoppaBear. if it's made by reputable manufacturers and sold by retailers to the public. All that other kind of talk is a bunch of poop. Nothing wrong with ranger T whether +p or not.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If they're trying to charge you with stuff like ammo, caliber or whatever, you've got bigger things to worry about, like if you should have shot at all. If it's a good shoot what kind of ammo or if it's modified will have no bearing. I'm so tired of hearing this crap on forums.

·
Registered
890 Posts
If they're trying to charge you with stuff like ammo, caliber or whatever, you've got bigger things to worry about, like if you should have shot at all. If it's a good shoot what kind of ammo or if it's modified will have no bearing. I'm so tired of hearing this crap on forums.
Agree 100% Wolvee, as a lot of it (what I've read) sounds like speculation although I'm sure there have been plenty of cases where weapons and ammo choices have been used against a lawful CCW holder, and some states' laws differ as we know...This is the burden that having a legal concealed weapon carries, and there will always be proponents, opponents, and ambulance chasers. Know the laws almost as good as your lawyer...While I will always adhere to the law and to what my permit allows, I will always buy, and TRAIN with, the best weapons and ammo avaiable to me through legal channels. From there, it is what it is. This is the "risk" we all take when we choose to carry. As long as I keep my family safe, it is a risk I am prepared to accept. Again, I'm no pro, these are just my opinions.

·
Registered
619 Posts
While I will always adhere to the law and to what my permit allows, I will always buy, and TRAIN with, the best weapons and ammo avaiable to me through legal channels.
+1000 on the training. The best ammo, handguns, and gear created doesnt mean s**t if you aren't proficient with it all. I wish more people would focus more on training off the bat rather than try to match their loadout on MW3...A tactical vest and hollow points dont make the round hit the target. This is in no way pointed at anyone on this thread...just making a general statement of the current state of the firearms community I have witnessed over the last few years.

·
Registered
38 Posts
+1000 on the training. The best ammo, handguns, and gear created doesnt mean s**t if you aren't proficient with it all. I wish more people would focus more on training off the bat rather than try to match their loadout on MW3...A tactical vest and hollow points dont make the round hit the target. This is in no way pointed at anyone on this thread...just making a general statement of the current state of the firearms community I have witnessed over the last few years.
Agree... I know I need more training.... But.. I Can't. Stop. Buying. Guns. Total addiction, like many on this board...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I chose P2000SK in 9mm to carry. .40SW is hard to control for such small package.
Yup

I carry a p2000 sk LEM in .40 sw with an iwb holster and Winchester rangers T. I think it's the perfect gun for ccw, regarding size and power. Just my two cents.
Question is, can you place consecutive consistent shots budd? :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts