HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_5960.jpeg

So I've been searching for this beautiful firearm for about a year, but did not want to spend the marked up prices that have become so common. On New Year's eve, I walk into one of our gun shops/shooting range here in C. Springs in search of ammo, and there it is! Not one, but two HK SP5s sitting in the glass case priced at MSRP! I couldn't believe it; called over a sales associate right away and started the paperwork. I was able to pick it up the very next day (New Year's Day) and added the Midwest Industries M-LOK handguard & top picatinny rail, as well as an SB Tactical brace. Still deciding on what optic I want to put on this. I'm leaning towards the Holosun 510c Elite green dot, but not 100% certain. Right now, I'm just excited to have this in my possession and look forward to more time at the range with it!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
View attachment 282117

So I've been searching for this beautiful firearm for about a year, but did not want to spend the marked up prices that have become so common. On New Year's eve, I walk into one of our gun shops/shooting range here in C. Springs in search of ammo, and there it is! Not one, but two HK SP5s sitting in the glass case priced at MSRP! I couldn't believe it; called over a sales associate right away and started the paperwork. I was able to pick it up the very next day (New Year's Day) and added the Midwest Industries M-LOK handguard & top picatinny rail, as well as an SB Tactical brace. Still deciding on what optic I want to put on this. I'm leaning towards the Holosun 510c Elite green dot, but not 100% certain. Right now, I'm just excited to have this in my possession and look forward to more time at the range with it!
Congratulations!!! I think I would have both of them!!!
M.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Congrats, very intriguing that over 7,000 of these have made it into the US with no signs of trouble selling at MSRP. A few of us in the very beginning got them for hundreds below that (incl me) but I’d gladly pick up another for MRSP now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations!!! I think I would have both of them!!!
M.
As much as I wanted to buy the second, I instead posted the availability on our local Reddit page in hopes that someone else could enjoy buying one at MSRP. According to the replies within my post, it sold the very next morning.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats! You are going to love it. I can't stop looking at mine.

I have a sneaking suspicion that those who waited are going to get paid off for their patience. This Covid bubble will pop. A lot of the reason for the SP5 shortage is that LGS's sold them to their VIP customers and or put them on GB at inflated prices. They rarely hit the display case. There is a finite number of people with the means and desire to buy $3000 pistols and a lot of those won't pay over MSRP.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Congrats! You are going to love it. I can't stop looking at mine.

I have a sneaking suspicion that those who waited are going to get paid off for their patience. This Covid bubble will pop. A lot of the reason for the SP5 shortage is that LGS's sold them to their VIP customers and or put them on GB at inflated prices. They rarely hit the display case. There is a finite number of people with the means and desire to buy $3000 pistols and a lot of those won't pay over MSRP.
Try to say that again with a straight face if the GA Senate runoff doesnt go the way we all hope it will.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good on you for sharing the deals. Any plans to SBR or are you planning to keep it in pistol form?
At this time, I do not plan to SBR this one. I will be doing it to my PS90, but that's for another forum. The only thing(s) I have left to do with this as of now, is add an optic and a suppressor. Not too sure on the optic, leaning toward the Holosun 510c Elite green dot. As for the suppressor, I'm almost certain I'm going with the SilencerCo Omega 9k.

·
Registered
39 Posts
@ lika1 Nice find and good on you. Got a lead from this site over the weekend from a member on another thread (thx @ KSH) on one @ MSRP and purchased Friday night and it’s getting here Thursday. I wanted to leave it in stock looking form, but leaning towards your setup after the visual pic you provided. Ordered the MI for lower hand guard which is also now enroute. However Top rail was out of stock on their website. Was curious if you were to remove the MI top rail would there be markings left behind from top mount or trq screws?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts