HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@ lika1 Nice find and good on you. Got a lead from this site over the weekend from a member on another thread (thx @ KSH) on one @ MSRP and purchased Friday night and it’s getting here Thursday. I wanted to leave it in stock looking form, but leaning towards your setup after the visual pic you provided. Ordered the MI for lower hand guard which is also now enroute. However Top rail was out of stock on their website. Was curious if you were to remove the MI top rail would there be markings left behind from top mount or trq screws?
I'm not sure on the markings from the top rail as I don't plan on removing it anytime soon, but I'm sure there's a high probability; I've heard the HK mounts leave marks as well.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
@ lika1 Nice find and good on you. Got a lead from this site over the weekend from a member on another thread (thx @ KSH) on one @ MSRP and purchased Friday night and it’s getting here Thursday. I wanted to leave it in stock looking form, but leaning towards your setup after the visual pic you provided. Ordered the MI for lower hand guard which is also now enroute. However Top rail was out of stock on their website. Was curious if you were to remove the MI top rail would there be markings left behind from top mount or trq screws?

I don't have OP's exact top rail but I did have a stock Zenith/MKE rail that looks similar on my MP5k clone and it did leave marks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
IMG_5981.jpeg

So here she is with the Holosun 510C Red Dot mounted. I decided to go red instead of green, because the green dot is backordered everywhere and I ended up paying ~$100 less, so why not? This optic has a TON of features, great reviews and looks very promising. Still have to bring it to the range to zero it in though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you! I definitely know the feeling as I had been searching for a year. Once you get yours, you'll be smiling from ear to ear at the range.....I promise!
I'm looking now for one. Grabagun has it for $4000. Seems high. What is the MSRP?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
MSRP is $2799 which is what I got it for. I got VERY lucky while I was searching for ammo at my local shop/range.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The second one sold the very next morning. The store is called Magnum Shooting Center. I got it from the south Colorado Springs location.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts